Someone tell me if this plan is good or not please

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos SE Midi Tower

Windows Lisence: Windows 8 something (not including it to price, got already.)

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k (To be honest, I think I'm gonna stick to this, I've always loved i7's and i5's from Intel, not going for AMD even though it's really cheap..)

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula 1150 Socket

Powersupply: XFX PRO 750W, 80Plus Gold (Already got it btw, only thing I'm not buying, so I'm not including the price for it.)

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA

RAM: Cosair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB

Fan: (Top and Side) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm Red LED [2stk.] Fan (Front) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [2stk.] Fan (Back / Intern) Cosair AF120 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [1stk.]

CD-Tray: ASUS BC-12D1ST

Extra Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Going to use my Samsung 840 EVO for booting)

Roughly priced in USD (even though I'm Norwegian, but most of you are probably from the US.)

2150 USD

Okay, so this is the plan I was thinking on my build. I'm not sure if some of this is worth it or not, so if someone reads this and can give me some tips or something, I'd be really happy :)

I'm not quite sure if it's way too expensive than I really need it to be, but I want to have a good computer that can stay that way for atleast 5 years before I have to start changing things out..

I'll probably use it mostly to just play games (Different Battlefield series, WoW, other FPS games and so on, not that many games that'll wear the computer out completely.)

As I said at first, if you can't completely understand this because of my grammar or something, sorry.

Thanks for reading! :)

Cpt. Shadows

If you want something to last 5 years, spend less and use the money you would have spent otherwise for more frequent future upgrades.

Also, if you're not using USD, don't waste your time converting currencies and tell us where you're shoppng with the currency you're actually going to use.

Regarding the build:

Why 16GB ram?

Are you planning to sli?

Why the extra fans?

No ssd?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

From reviews that I've seen the Cosmos SE is quite sub par and I do not see a CPU cooler listed, maybe go for an I5 or an 8350 and get a better GPU or two. The PSU is overkill unless you plan on SLI or just want the expandability (I have the same one and it's silent). The RAM is also overkill since you will never be running it at that speed (most likely) and you will not see any performance gain from the extra money.

Case Cooler Master Cosmos SE Midi Tower Windows Lisence Windows 8 something Processor Intel Core i7-4770k Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Formula 1150 Socket Powersupply XFX PRO 750W, 80Plus Gold Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA RAM Cosair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB Fan (Top and Side) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm Red LED [2stk.] Fan (Front) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [2stk.] Fan (Back / Intern) Cosair AF120 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [1stk.] CD-Tray ASUS BC-12D1ST Extra Hard Drives Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Est. price in USD (even though I'm Norwegian, but most of you are probably from the US.)

2563 USD

Okay, so this is the plan I was thinking on my build. I'm not sure if some of this is worth it or not, so if someone reads this and can give me some tips or something, I'd be really happy :)

I'm not quite sure if it's way too expensive than I really need it to be, but I want to have a good computer that can stay that way for atleast 5 years before I have to start changing things out..

I'll probably use it mostly to just play games (Different Battlefield series, WoW, other FPS games and so on, not that many games that'll wear the computer out completely.)

As I said at first, if you can't completely understand this because of my grammar or something, sorry.

Thanks for reading! :)

Next time you post please separate the part, it's really hard to read this way.

If all you do is gaming, move back to i5 4670k for CPU, and I think that I saw 3 different fan in there (not sure since I cant read it like that), if you plan to overclock you can go with AIO watercooler as well, and you definitely need SSD in your system, 120GB is fine, but you need it for at least the OS if you want your computer to run smoothly. 

Anyway with that budget I propose this build that I made for the 2000$ price range:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3izlt

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

If you want something to last 5 years, spend less and use the money you would have spent otherwise for more frequent future upgrades.

Also, if you're not using USD, don't waste your time converting currencies and tell us where you're shoppng with the currency you're actually going to use.

Regarding the build:

Why 16GB ram?

Are you planning to sli?

Why the extra fans?

No ssd?

I've already got an SSD, 840 EVO 250GB, I updated it now :)

Cpt. Shadows

There's no point getting the i7 over the i5 for gaming.

No need for high frequency ram.

Why such an expensive motherboard?

Where are you shopping? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There's no point getting the i7 over the i5 for gaming.

No need for high frequency ram.

Why such an expensive motherboard?

Where are you shopping? Budget?

Ah.. Well I suppose I can get an i5 instead, but the RAM I'm getting has got the same price, no matter what frequency

Cpt. Shadows

Ah.. Well I suppose I can get an i5 instead, but the RAM I'm getting has got the same price, no matter what frequency

Vengeance Pro ram is usually a waste of money compared to cheaper ram kits. 

Also, frequency isn't everything. You often sacrifice cas latency with high frequencies and they end up cancelling each other out.

Vengeance Pro ram is usually a waste of money compared to cheaper ram kits. 

Also, frequency isn't everything. You often sacrifice cas latency with high frequencies and they end up cancelling each other out.

Yeah I guess I could buy two 4GB sticks, with the most normal frequency..

Cpt. Shadows

for the cpu ,i would get the i5 cuz i think future games (most of them) won't demand that much cpu power especially with the upcoming mantle API and directx 12 .

as ForsakenLive stated the Motherboard is a waste of money ,get the HERO or GENE

8gb 1600mhz of ram is enough don't even think of buying 16gb (2400mhz vs 1600mhz ....no additional performance in gaming  )

and because of consoles ,yes it will last for 5 years but i would recommend that you upgrade whenever u have a chance to sell ur graphic card.

finally i don't recommend sli because of scaling  and driver issues

Okay I've updated the list now:

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos SE Midi Tower

Windows Lisence: Windows 8 something (not including it to price, got already.)

Processor: Intel Core i5 4670k

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula 1150 Socket

Powersupply: XFX PRO 750W, 80Plus Gold

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA

RAM: Cosair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Fans: (Top and Side) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm Red LED [2stk.] (Back / Intern) Cosair AF120 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [1stk.]

Extra Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Going to use my Samsung 840 EVO for booting)

Cpt. Shadows

Okay I've updated the list now:

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos SE Midi Tower

Windows Lisence: Windows 8 something (not including it to price, got already.)

Processor: Intel Core i5 4670k

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula 1150 Socket

Powersupply: XFX PRO 750W, 80Plus Gold

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA

RAM: Cosair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Fans: (Top and Side) Cosair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm Red LED [2stk.] (Back / Intern) Cosair AF120 Quiet Edt. 120Mm Red LED [1stk.]

Extra Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Going to use my Samsung 840 EVO for booting)

hey dude ,think about ur motherboard !

r u  going to use a wifi connection ?

r u going to use bluetooth ?

r u going to use more than 3 pcie/pci slots?

in real life u r not going to use the extra usb ports and the extra sata ports

and just to be clear ,i am not saying ASUS is bad ,i have a hero (although it is a solid motherboard ) but i wish i had  an impact or a gene

BUT at the at the end of the day it is ur choice so think then choose wisely

That motherboard is expensive and it's not worth it 95% of the times. If you want RoG, get a Hero

I think you should go for an asus Z87 pro or lower, they are really good and for the ram i'd be seriously suggesting 8gb

I think you should go for an asus Z87 pro or lower, they are really good and for the ram i'd be seriously suggesting 8gb

I was running low by a lot on ram with 8gb, but I'm quite a power user, for the regular gamer 8gb is ok, but not the absolute maximum

There we are, I changed the motherboard to an ASUS Sabertooth, saved a little more doing that

Cpt. Shadows

Oh, and I WAS thinking of maybe start uploading videos, so I don't know if 8GB of RAM is enough. But if it isn't, I'll just buy another kit and have 4 x 4GB RAM :)

Cpt. Shadows

Oh, and I WAS thinking of maybe start uploading videos, so I don't know if 8GB of RAM is enough. But if it isn't, I'll just buy another kit and have 4 x 4GB 

Ya stick with 16gb but for videos and rendering them out a CPU with Hyper threading will really help, which i dont think the i5 5670k has so look at that again...

its all about future proofing your system ( even though its impossible <_< ) but that is the goal and to have your system easily upgradable 

That's true... but is it so much worth it? I was thinking of record alot of gameplay though..

Cpt. Shadows