Is re-working/re-building a prebuilt pc a good idea? Or just a waste of money?

Was planning on buying a pc, budget 800-1000 USD$, no stock on GPUs, so i'd rather go for a prebuilt pc with good components specifically this one because normaly the propietary crap and bloatware (without mentioning airflow) damages the upgradabillity of these PC's, so i wondered, how difficult would it be to replace the motherboard, case and psu? Is it even worth it? Unless i wanna go for a APU build building one myself is a no go so i want to make the best future-proof decision for my pc

I would totally recommend doing this over buying marked up GPUs. The biggest thing I would look to upgrade would be the case. its hard to tell if the motherboard and PSU need to be upgraded without knowing what model they are. You can take the parts you aren't using and sell them for cheap on craigslist to recover some of the cost. You probably also want to consider grabbing a decent CPU cooler if its just using the stock cooler. 

With bloatware, as long as they are using an off the shelf motherboard you can usually just reset windows to get rid of it.

15 minutes ago, charzen said:

Was planning on buying a pc, budget 800-1000 USD$, no stock on GPUs, so i'd rather go for a prebuilt pc with good components specifically this one because normaly the propietary crap and bloatware (without mentioning airflow) damages the upgradabillity of these PC's, so i wondered, how difficult would it be to replace the motherboard, case and psu? Is it even worth it? Unless i wanna go for a APU build building one myself is a no go so i want to make the best future-proof decision for my pc

Why in the name of all things good and holy did they pair a 3700X with 2666MHz RAM?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

15 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I would totally recommend doing this over buying marked up GPUs. The biggest thing I would look to upgrade would be the case. its hard to tell if the motherboard and PSU need to be upgraded without knowing what model they are. You can take the parts you aren't using and sell them for cheap on craigslist to recover some of the cost. You probably also want to consider grabbing a decent CPU cooler if its just using the stock cooler. 

With bloatware, as long as they are using an off the shelf motherboard you can usually just reset windows to get rid of it.

Yeah, motherboard has propietary 4-pin HP connector and so i guess ther PSU wouldn't have the necessary 24-pin connector for a standar mobo, also might buy it with cases fans and a CPU cooler (Hyper Evo 212 Black Edition)

12 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Why in the name of all things good and holy did they pair a 3700X with 2666MHz RAM?

And on single channel too, just HP being HP 😛

25 minutes ago, charzen said:

Yeah, motherboard has propietary 4-pin HP connector and so i guess ther PSU wouldn't have the necessary 24-pin connector for a standar mobo, also might buy it with cases fans and a CPU cooler (Hyper Evo 212 Black Edition)

And on single channel too, just HP being HP 😛

In that case I would look somewhere else. It looks like BHphoto has some pretty decent in stock gaming PCs you can get. 

5 hours ago, Sorenson said:

In that case I would look somewhere else. It looks like BHphoto has some pretty decent in stock gaming PCs you can get. 

at this point i might just buy a laptop lol, ticks a lot of boxes and is portable too, but goodbye upgradabillity anyways