iMac 21.5" 2013 Will NOT update

GeorgeKellow

Hi everyone, 

Wondering if someone could help. I have an iMac from 2013 that refuses to update to anything. Its been locked away in storage for a while. Its running macOS High Sierra. 

Problem is, it will not update to ANYTHING. 

Tried going to Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur via USBs and Internet Recovery but nothing happens. It shows the Apple Logo and the bar but never progresses. 

When trying to boot via a USB, the keyboard and mouse seem to turn off and cannot get them on again so thats could be why the USB installer doesn't work? 

Any help?? 

Thanks 

George

What OSX version do you use?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

10 minutes ago, Vishera said:

They said in the original post, High Sierra.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

11 minutes ago, Vishera said:

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

They said in the original post, High Sierra.

10.13.6 Specifically