MSI x570 Unify third pcie x16 slot

basileus93

Hi all!

I am building my new PC for work and gaming. My motherboard is an MSI x570 Unify. I read that it has 3 PCIe x16 that can be used in in the following configurations: x16/-/- or x8/x8/- or x8/x8/x4

In the case I would like to use the last x16 PCIe for a GPU, do you have a case to suggest? I saw many cases similar to the Corsair 4000D, but it seems the thirds slot would be limited (the PSU is more or less attached to the motherboard and the last x16 PCIe is almost at the motherboard border). Probably just a small 1/1.5 slot card could fit.

Thanks

Full size cases usually have openings for at least 8 slots. Given the motherboard such cases should accommodate a dual width gpu. Although a 9 slot case would probably offer much better airflow to the gpu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/49bCmG/fractal-design-meshify-2-xl-atx-full-tower-case-fd-c-mes2x-01

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PwCFf7/fractal-design-define-7-xl-light-atx-full-tower-case-fd-c-def7x-02

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks,
I watched this video:

It seems they are using two 5700xt. I guess they are 2.5 slots. The third x16 PCIe seems covered by the second GPU (it would be an issue even with the cases you suggested).
Will a two slots card not cover the third slot?
Is there a case with 7 PCIe slots + 2/3 vertical slots where I can use a PCIe extender/riser for the third PCIe without conflict between the horizontal and vertical cards?

Thanks

What are you trying to achieve? Do you already have the gpu?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.