Ram clearance

GlaZe08

So i’m currently picking a cooler for my new build and decided to go with the nzxt kraken z63

However after some research ive found alot of posts saying the AiO blocks some of the RAM slots. So i’m just wondering if the cooler and ram will fit, I will mount rad on top.

Watched GN review on the case and he pointed out RAM clearance which is why i wanted to double check. ( He talks about it around 12:05 )

NZXT Kraken Z63

MSI B550 Tomahawk

G.Skill Trident Z

Fractal Design Meshify 2

9 minutes ago, GlaZe08 said:

So i’m currently picking a cooler for my new build and decided to go with the nzxt kraken z63

However after some research ive found alot of posts saying the AiO blocks some of the RAM slots. So i’m just wondering if the cooler and ram will fit, I will mount rad on top.

Watched GN review on the case and he pointed out RAM clearance which is why i wanted to double check. ( He talks about it around 12:05 )

NZXT Kraken Z63

MSI B550 Tomahawk

G.Skill Trident Z

Fractal Design Meshify 2

Uhm no, it likely won't fit iirc. What cpu do you have anyways? Be warned that for basically anything less than a 5900x, maybe a 5800x depending on your situation, an aio usually is a waste of money (especially nzxt aios such as the z63). You could also just front mount, or get a 240mm if it came down to that. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Instead of a Kraken Z63, why not consider an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280mm?
It costs less and typically performs better.

elephants

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Uhm no, it likely won't fit iirc. What cpu do you have anyways? Be warned that for basically anything less than a 5900x, maybe a 5800x depending on your situation, an aio usually is a waste of money (especially nzxt aios such as the z63). You could also just front mount, or get a 240mm if it came down to that. 

Agreed, I've always just recommended high end air coolers like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or the NH D15. They never die and IMO in many cases they look better, especially if you add RGB fans.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I’ll be getting a 5800x 

This will be my first build and being able to put gifs and stuff on there sounded super cool

1 minute ago, GlaZe08 said:

I’ll be getting a 5800x 

This will be my first build and being able to put gifs and stuff on there sounded super cool

There's nothing wrong with that, but 99% of the time, you'll be staring at your screen rather than your PC. It's a novel feature, and it's cool, but make sure to decide if you think it's worth it, and I mean really mull it over, the zxx lineup isn't cheap by any means, and those aios will be overkill for what you have. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Instead of a Kraken Z63, why not consider an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280mm?
It costs less and typically performs better.

I thought about that one at first but i really didnt like how the pump or whatever looks

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

There's nothing wrong with that, but 99% of the time, you'll be staring at your screen rather than your PC. It's a novel feature, and it's cool, but make sure to decide if you think it's worth it, and i mean really mull it over, the z63 isn't cheap by any means. 

Yea ur right. I guess i kinda went overkill since i could finally afford to get a pc that looks good. My entire life has been me using shitty used pc’s which always broke after a year or 2

But in that case is there any AiO you would recommend over the Z63?

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Why do you need an AIO anyway? It’s a 5800x. Any decent air cooler will do a good job.

AiO’s just look way better imo

1 minute ago, GlaZe08 said:

AiO’s just look way better imo

But most are wastes of money, and are much harder to maintain. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Nothing wrong with choosing an aio because it makes for a better looking build. Do consider the Arctic Liquid Freezer II mentioned by @FakeKGB. Either 240mm or 280mm version will do a good job with a 5800X. They are well priced around US$105.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 hours ago, brob said:

Nothing wrong with choosing an aio because it makes for a better looking build. Do consider the Arctic Liquid Freezer II mentioned by @FakeKGB. Either 240mm or 280mm version will do a good job with a 5800X. They are well priced around US$105.

Thought about the liquid freezer but sadly its not in stock around here.

im thinking either fractal celsius S36 or the deepcool castle v2