Noctua NH-D14/15 equalivant AIO

Joey Rodgers

So I always been a huge fan of Noctua, I've had a NH-D14 on my previous system and I want to get a NH-D15 for my new system.

I want to know if there is a AIO then preforms on par with a D15 that is cheaper then it.

Nope. Pretty much the only AIOs that perform better than the NH-D15 are the 280mm+ or thick 240mm AIOs, all of which are more expensive, just naturally due to the extra cost for the pump, radiator, tubing etc. while an air cooler is relatively simple. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

What case and ram are you using?

What features are you looking for in a cooler and why are you considering an AIO?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

45 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Nope. Pretty much the only AIOs that perform better than the NH-D15 are the 280mm+ or thick 240mm AIOs, all of which are more expensive, just naturally due to the extra cost for the pump, radiator, tubing etc. while an air cooler is relatively simple. 

Thats kinda what I thought, thanks for the info.

13 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

What case and ram are you using?

What features are you looking for in a cooler and why are you considering an AIO?

Im in the US, I don't really want to spend any more then $100 seeing as how I can get a D15 for that, but I would consider spending more if it was worth it.

I just got a Cooler Master Q500L, but I'm waiting to transfer my components to the new case till I get a new CPU cooler. 

Im using TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan RAM.

Then only thing I care about is the preformance of the cooler, besides that I dont care about RGB or anything like that.

I was considering and AIO because I was thinking maybe I could find one that is on par with the D-15 at a cheaper price, but it seems like that isn't going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Joey Rodgers said:

Thats kinda what I thought, thanks for the info.

Im in the US, I don't really want to spend any more then $100 seeing as how I can get a D15 for that, but I would consider spending more if it was worth it.

I just got a Cooler Master Q500L, but I'm waiting to transfer my components to the new case till I get a new CPU cooler. 

Then only thing I care about is the preformance of the cooler, besides that I dont care about RGB or anything like that.

I was considering and AIO because I was thinking maybe I could find one that is on par with the D-15 at a cheaper price, but it seems like that isn't going to happen.

You can get some that perform on par or maybe a little better than the NH-D15 for around the same price. The beQuiet! Pure Loop 280 for example. 

However, results look to be about the same as the NH-D15 within margin of error, but you'll sacrifice noise levels and reliability compared to the NH-D15. If you don't really care about looks, the NH-D15 is the better option overall, or you could go for a Dark Rock Pro 4 which performs very similarly but can be had for $80

45 minutes ago, Joey Rodgers said:

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you getting a new case? If so, what case?

What cpu are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you getting a new case? If so, what case?

What cpu are you cooling?

I have the case already(Q500L), I just waiting to use it till I get a new cpu cooler.

Im have a 3600x that I want to overclock.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Joey Rodgers said:

I have the case already(Q500L), I just waiting to use it till I get a new cpu cooler.

Im have a 3600x that I want to overclock.

The 3600x isn't hard to cool. 

The EK-AIO 240 Basic should be a bit better: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jjytt6/ek-ek-aio-basic-240-77-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-ek-aio-basic-240

If you don't mind the noise, the CLC 240 is cheaper: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/krZ2FT/evga-clc-240-748-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-400-hy-cl24-v1

I've recently completed an inverted build in a Q500L and am more than happy with i No problems with the temps in day to day usage and haven't had to resort to a dremel.

Ok so I don't have a bleeding edge GPU but hey ho , beggars cant be choosers.

Its not too shabby a performer when doing an apples v apples comparison ;o)

Osprey001.png