Computer doesn't recognize flash drive

hamatsuki
Go to solution Solved by thepoorgamer,

Maybe your drive is not formatted correctly, or you have a broken USB port. You might want to try remaking the install media or trying a new flash drive. You can try a BIOS update, but you will need a USB stick working to do that. Good luck!

Built new pc was trying to install windows on it but in bios flash drive doesn't show up at all then I checked and bios is very first version for this motherboard could that be a reason and would updating bios help?

Maybe your drive is not formatted correctly, or you have a broken USB port. You might want to try remaking the install media or trying a new flash drive. You can try a BIOS update, but you will need a USB stick working to do that. Good luck!

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

Make sure you chose Uefi in the bios and not legacy. That might be the problem. If you cant find it just let it download the windows ISO without flashing and then flash it with a program like rufus. Lastly knowing the motherboard would be helpful 

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

1 minute ago, hamatsuki said:

so flash drive only worked on 2.0 port thank you for your response.

Lmao I was about to say that cuz even in 2021 some motherboards are lacking usb 3.0 suppport as boot devices

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

I wasn't expecting that either but welp haha