Budget build

Hello, I was wondering if i could get any suggestions for a good budget build for gaming around $300. I would like to mainly use it for GTA 5, and the Five M extension any suggestions? 

Thanks

<-- Moved to New Builds and Planning -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, FusedOVERLORD said:

Hello, I was wondering if i could get any suggestions for a good budget build for gaming around $300. I would like to mainly use it for GTA 5, and the Five M extension any suggestions? 

Thanks

uhhhh USD? For $300? Erm, you might have better luck going for a console. You can get a somewhat decent rig, provided that you can find used components for cheap, which isn't the case here, but In the current market, that isn't really going to be possible. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

12 minutes ago, FusedOVERLORD said:

Thanks

With current pricing on a lot of the parts (GPU, RAM, PSU) being on the high side, I would recommend a pre-built or a second hand PC.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

5 minutes ago, FusedOVERLORD said:

@Pikatchu  What about the $400 rang would that be possible 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock B550M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $73.50 @ Amazon
Memory Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory $52.99 @ Amazon
Storage Inland Professional 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $23.99 @ Amazon
Case Rosewill SRM-01B MicroATX Mini Tower Case $24.30 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $229.77
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $209.77
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-21 21:35 EDT-0400  

PCPartPicker currently does not offer any Ryzen search for some reason, you can find Ryzen 3 3200G for $180 on AmazonUS.

That will leave you just under $400 pre-tax.

Note: This system will only have 120GB of storage; I would not recommend any low end Hard drive, 1TB HDD or 250GB SSD is where you should look. Since you asked about playing GTA 5, storage might be an issue with 120GB.

3 minutes ago, FusedOVERLORD said:

@Pikatchu This is enough power to support major mods to GTA right?

It will hardly make GTA 5 playable. Even if the GPU market are normal at the moment, half of your budget ($200) will be spent on GPU to enable a more smoothing experience. If you want a good bang for the buck gaming PC, you should save up till $800-$1000 USD just for the tower (No monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.)