Noisy USB ports on desktop - what can I do?

FIXXX
Go to solution Solved by FIXXX,
13 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Filtering the 5V USB power supply line | Andys Workshop

must be nice to not be rubbish at proper electronics.

Update: asked on a local forum and a guy sold me his spare ADUM3160 B0505S 1500V USB to USB Voltage Isolator Module Support 12Mbps 1.5Mbps 

WORKS! whoopeee

Here's my setup:

Desktop computer with an Asus X370 Prime Pro - USB 2.0 Type B cable to an external audio card (Audinst HUD-MX1). The table has that fat coil-thingy.

That external card is connected to two powered monitor speakers (Mackie Mr5 Mk2) with proper RCA cables. The thick boys, not thin unshielded cheapo stuff.

- My issue is that the speakers make a super audible hiss when they're connected to the external audio card.

The fault is definitely the motherboard's USB slots because when I connect the card to a laptop - there's no noise whatsoever. 

Yes, I tried all the USB ports on the desktop.

Yes, the laptop was connected with a charging cable at the time of the test.

Yes, if I unplug the RCA from the speaker or the audio card - there's no noise anymore.

What can I do to clean that up? It's not a new problem, just supper annoyed that these great speakers are sitting here silent for several years.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Something like this might work, however it's not solving the overall problem. 

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-iDefender3-0-Ground-Loop-Eliminator/dp/B01N3XKOLG

That looks promising. May need to look up something similar in my country.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

13 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Filtering the 5V USB power supply line | Andys Workshop

must be nice to not be rubbish at proper electronics.

Update: asked on a local forum and a guy sold me his spare ADUM3160 B0505S 1500V USB to USB Voltage Isolator Module Support 12Mbps 1.5Mbps 

WORKS! whoopeee

If this worked....... why isn't anyone selling it *in the audio space?  I know schiit had a decrapifier but I was told that they just integrated it into their dac's

*edit: oh that's sold by ifi audio, how the F have I never heard about this.  I asked a lot of people how to fix it and ended up going with a $300 galvanic solution (no physical connection)

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

3 hours ago, Psittac said:

If this worked....... why isn't anyone selling it *in the audio space?  I know schiit had a decrapifier but I was told that they just integrated it into their dac's

*edit: oh that's sold by ifi audio, how the F have I never heard about this.  I asked a lot of people how to fix it and ended up going with a $300 galvanic solution (no physical connection)

iFi's solution is $50. The Chinese no-name that does the same thing? … - 9$