Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random shutdown, temperatures fine

I have recently had trouble with my PC, where I am having trouble pinpointing the problem. I built it myself about 7 years ago and it's the first major problem I have had with it.

The PC turned itself off a couple of weeks ago and I mean just went off instantly. After that when I pressed the power button the graphics card fan would spin up for half a second but the PC would instantly go off again. The next morning it was behaving the same, however in the evening it powered up fine and booted into windows for about 5 minutes. I have disconnected every component and re built the PC from scratch, cleaned all dust out of fans heatsinks etc. I even removed cleaned cpu added new TIM, but it still does the same. Sometimes it doesn't start and sometimes it does but never more than 10 minutes and I have monitored temperatures and voltages of cpu when I am able to boot.

Any ideas about what I should troubleshoot or what is most likely the issue would be greatly appreciated 

37 minutes ago, sphero1984 said:

I have recently had trouble with my PC, where I am having trouble pinpointing the problem. I built it myself about 7 years ago and it's the first major problem I have had with it.

The PC turned itself off a couple of weeks ago and I mean just went off instantly. After that when I pressed the power button the graphics card fan would spin up for half a second but the PC would instantly go off again. The next morning it was behaving the same, however in the evening it powered up fine and booted into windows for about 5 minutes. I have disconnected every component and re built the PC from scratch, cleaned all dust out of fans heatsinks etc. I even removed cleaned cpu added new TIM, but it still does the same. Sometimes it doesn't start and sometimes it does but never more than 10 minutes and I have monitored temperatures and voltages of cpu when I am able to boot.

Any ideas about what I should troubleshoot or what is most likely the issue would be greatly appreciated 

Knowing the full system specifications would be great. Have you changed anything (hardware or software) before the issue began? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

No changed hardware

Core i7-4770k

16gb 1600mhz ram

Asus z87i mini-itx

Corsair ax760i

Corsair h80i

Gtx 770

check event viewer - windows logs - system

CPU: i7 9700K@5.3,52,52,51,51,50,50,50

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@4000, Default CL17, testing new timings

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's

Thats when I manage to get past POST. I feel like it is hardware related as there is no BSOD or shutdown

I'm thinking it maybe a power supply, any other thoughts?