First Ever PC

LT_Foxx09

So I have never built a PC before but my friend who has built many gave me a list of parts I should buy. Was wondering if yall got some extra tips n stuff to add maybe. 

Parts:

MSI GeForce RTX 3060

ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo (CPU Fan as I am told)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB

Western Digital 2TB SSD

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK

NZXT H510 Case

After a little searching I see what a HDD is. What difference does it make having a SDD and a HDD?

Well:

1. You dont need 32 gigs of RAM to run games. 16 should suffice. With the cost you save there, you should be able to squeeze in a 3060Ti from that savings alone.

2. H510 is pretty much FAMOUS for its shit airflow, and can be a hotbox in the summer and tropical areas. Consider a better airflow case like 275R Airflow from Corsair, Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh, Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX or Fractal Design Focus G.

Also, Trans Represent. 🏳️

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, LT_Foxx09 said:

After a little searching I see what a HDD is. What difference does it make having a SDD and a HDD?

Huge difference, night and day. With an SSD, everything will run faster. Once you go SSD, you can never go back because everythign will be so incredibly slow using an HDD> 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

2 minutes ago, LT_Foxx09 said:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

I would get the 3600 over the x version unless they’re priced the same. The performance difference is negligible for any markup.

Try to use at least 3200 speed ram, over 3600 can be tricky to get running nicely so I wouldn’t go higher than that unless you want to tinker with ram speed and timing. Cl16 is fine, 18 is a bit loose in terms of timings. Cl14 is ideal but pricey, and can be finicky on speeds over 3200

Relevant LTT video to that question.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Also, Trans Represent. 🏳️

Yes! Exactly! IDK how to properly respond, but I'll boost the trans community all day. Not trans myself, just bisexual, but I love the trans community and am trying to make as many trans friends as possible. HMU I guess. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

wow yall are amazing, thanks for the help and tips. Also yesss Trans Represent, i my self am m - f *male to female*

wow yall are amazing, thanks for the help and tips. Also yesss Trans Represent, i my self am m - f *male to female*

Same here. Keep fighting for the E!

23 minutes ago, LT_Foxx09 said:

So I have never built a PC before but my friend who has built many gave me a list of parts I should buy. Was wondering if yall got some extra tips n stuff to add maybe. 

Parts:

MSI GeForce RTX 3060

ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo (CPU Fan as I am told)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

Western Digital 2TB SSD

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK

NZXT H510 Case

Budget? Country? Use case? (Gaming? Video editing?)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570