Cooling for my PC

dani133f

Hi:) 

I'm looking at upgrading the cooling in my PC, especially a water cooler for my CPU.
I have a Cooler Master Masterbox Q300L and was looking to put a Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PRO XT in the front since I don't have any cooling in that space atm, I'm just worried since it's my first solo upgrade for my pc, and was wondering if anyone can confirm that it fits there or if I should do anything different.

Thanks in advance!

What CPU do you have? And yes, you can fit a dual 120mm AIO in that case, the airflow just isn't great.

It should fit in the front, yes. But if you have a very long GPU it might not be enough room.

If thats the case, you can just mount it on the top, and move those fans to the front

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

that is not a good idea. if you want better cooling start by getting a better case. 

4 hours ago, Zongohihello said:

What CPU do you have? And yes, you can fit a dual 120mm AIO in that case, the airflow just isn't great.

My CPU is an Intel Core i-5 9400F

4 hours ago, Tegneren said:

It should fit in the front, yes. But if you have a very long GPU it might not be enough room.

If thats the case, you can just mount it on the top, and move those fans to the front

My GPU is a Gigabyte gtx 1660 super

8 hours ago, dani133f said:

My CPU is an Intel Core i-5 9400F

The 9400F is very easy to cool and the stock cooler should be fine Why are you considering such a beefier cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 hours ago, dani133f said:

My GPU is a Gigabyte gtx 1660 super

That wouldn't be a problem.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The 9400F is very easy to cool and the stock cooler should be fine Why are you considering such a beefier cooler?

I agree with this.

Water cooling is cool and all, but its expensive compared to what you gain from it in your case.

If your temps are high, save your money and go for a cheaper air cooler, something along the line of Cooler Master Hyper 212. It will still serve you well if you upgrade your CPU in the future.

They are also easier to maintain and will work passively to a certain degree should the fan fail. If an AIO fails it will not passively cool your CPU

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do