Building new pc

Hi guys, how you doing?

I wanna change my pc and I don’t know what should I buy: i5 11600k or i7 10700f or r5 5600x.

After choose one of them, I will né help with mobo.

I need a little help here 😬

Ryzen 5 5600x -- 2x8 Kingston Hyperx fury 8gb 2133mhz/2400Mhz -- Sandisk SSD Ultra II 120gb/240gb -- PSU EVGA 600b B1 -- Case Cougar Gemini S -- Mobo ASROCK B450M Steel Legend -- GTX 1060 6GB Galaxy

Of it were my choice, id get the 5600x.

Slap that thing in a b550-f gaming, turn on pbo.

I'd assume you would get a new cooler, in which case, depending on budget, I'd get either a NH-U12s or a NH-D15.

Note: this assumes you get a new fast memory kit. If not, get the 11600k over the 10700f any day.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bredao said:

Hi guys, how you doing?

I wanna change my pc and I don’t know what should I buy: i5 11600k or i7 10700f or r5 5600x.

After choose one of them, I will need help with the mobo.

If R5 5600x is already on your scope with your budget, then go for it. Its a very well all rounder for both work and games and basically on par with 11600k in gaming. 10700F is there but the extra 2 cores imho is not worthwhile unless your work doesnt support any form of GPU accelleration.

For motherboard from both sides:

For AMD, get any reputable board with all the features and good power delivery. My personal pick is Asus B550-F Strix.

For Intel, youll need a B560 for 11th gen, and B460 for 10th gen. Although, you can try to ask someone with comet lake CPU to update the BIOS of your B460 to support rocket lake, or get a board with BIOS Flash button. I personally dont have experience for intel but im particular to the B460 Aorus series from Gigabyte.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Of it were my choice, id get the 5600x.

Slap that thing in a b550-f gaming, turn on pbo.

I'd assume you would get a new cooler, in which case, depending on budget, I'd get either a NH-U12s or a NH-D15.

Note: this assumes you get a new fast memory kit. If not, get the 11600k over the 10700f any day.

I have 2x 8gb hyperx 2400mhz and gtx 1060 6gb (will change it in the future).

Ryzen 5 5600x -- 2x8 Kingston Hyperx fury 8gb 2133mhz/2400Mhz -- Sandisk SSD Ultra II 120gb/240gb -- PSU EVGA 600b B1 -- Case Cougar Gemini S -- Mobo ASROCK B450M Steel Legend -- GTX 1060 6GB Galaxy

2 hours ago, bredao said:

I have 2x 8gb hyperx 2400mhz and gtx 1060 6gb (will change it in the future).

unless you want to replace it, id get the 11600k.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

unless you want to replace it, id get the 11600k.

I will replace it, but I will wait more 1 year and half to do it.

than I should go with r5 5600x?

13 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

If R5 5600x is already on your scope with your budget, then go for it. Its a very well all rounder for both work and games and basically on par with 11600k in gaming. 10700F is there but the extra 2 cores imho is not worthwhile unless your work doesnt support any form of GPU accelleration.

For motherboard from both sides:

For AMD, get any reputable board with all the features and good power delivery. My personal pick is Asus B550-F Strix.

For Intel, youll need a B560 for 11th gen, and B460 for 10th gen. Although, you can try to ask someone with comet lake CPU to update the BIOS of your B460 to support rocket lake, or get a board with BIOS Flash button. I personally dont have experience for intel but im particular to the B460 Aorus series from Gigabyte.

I can’t buy Asus B550-F Strix., than can you tell me another one?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Asus Prime A520M-E
this is a good combo?

Just now, bredao said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Asus Prime A520M-E
this is a good combo?

No!

You have to get a B series motherbord.

If you can't get a new kit of ram with the cpu, get the 11600k.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No!

You have to get a B series motherbord.

If you can't get a new kit of ram with the cpu, get the 11600k.

Which one Should buy?

12 minutes ago, bredao said:

Which one Should buy?

im not sue in intels motherboardd space. SOmewhone else can help you though.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Or

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite V2

19 minutes ago, bredao said:

ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Or

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite V2

Always remember to quote someone active in the thread as you might be unable to alert any of them.

Those 2 are amazingly competent board, its all in if you want black or white ish theme. If its the former, Aorus is the answer. Latter? Steel Legend.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Always remember to quote someone active in the thread as you might be unable to alert any of them.

Those 2 are amazingly competent board, its all in if you want black or white ish theme. If its the former, Aorus is the answer. Latter? Steel Legend.

So legend is better even if he accept only 64gb ram?

@HelpfulTechWizardwhat about those 2 mobo? What do you think about it?

27 minutes ago, bredao said:

So legend is better even if he accept only 64gb ram?

I actually prefer a 2 RAM slot motherboard for RAM overclocks, but just ask yourself:

"Are you ever going to be able to afford 128GB of RAM to this mid-end system?"

Which i probably going to guess the answer to: no.

And besides, the 4 slots doesnt make you have "quad channel", as youre going to be limited by memory channels in your CPU (in this case, both Zen and Intel that you put in the original post have 2 memory channel) its just that the 1 memory channel in your system gets to work with 2 RAM sticks. Which can be disadvantageous in overclocking when all slots are pipulated.

But again, all up for your preferences and upgrade plan. If you gonna go for 32GB by buying a 16GB kit (2*8GB) and then buy another in the future instead of a dedicated 2*16GB kit, then the Aorus would sing a better tune for you.

37 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I actually prefer a 2 RAM slot motherboard for RAM overclocks, but just ask yourself:

"Are you ever going to be able to afford 128GB of RAM to this mid-end system?"

Which i probably going to guess the answer to: no.

And besides, the 4 slots doesnt make you have "quad channel", as youre going to be limited by memory channels in your CPU (in this case, both Zen and Intel that you put in the original post have 2 memory channel) its just that the 1 memory channel in your system gets to work with 2 RAM sticks. Which can be disadvantageous in overclocking when all slots are pipulated.

But again, all up for your preferences and upgrade plan. If you gonna go for 32GB by buying a 16GB kit (2*8GB) and then buy another in the future instead of a dedicated 2*16GB kit, then the Aorus would sing a better tune for you.

So go with Ryzen 5 6500x + ASrock. WHat about my 2 rams? Should I upgrade it? 

4 minutes ago, bredao said:

So go with Ryzen 5 6500x + ASrock. WHat about my 2 rams? Should I upgrade it? 

Ryzen REALLY love fast RAMs. For maximum performance, get a kit with minimum speed of 3000MHz (or hell, 90% of people will recommend you a 3200MHz kit as a minimum)

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Ryzen REALLY love fast RAMs. For maximum performance, get a kit with minimum speed of 3000MHz (or hell, 90% of people will recommend you a 3200MHz kit as a minimum)

Can you tell me good ram with low price?

1 hour ago, bredao said:

Can you tell me good ram with low price?

Depends on the market, really. But as far as i can tell, the ryzen 5000 series have a way better memory controller that you can just throw any sort of 3200mhz, CL16 kit. I like stuff thats made by Gskill, Geil, Team, and Crucial.

49 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Depends on the market, really. But as far as i can tell, the ryzen 5000 series have a way better memory controller that you can just throw any sort of 3200mhz, CL16 kit. I like stuff thats made by Gskill, Geil, Team, and Crucial.

GALAX B550M is good?

19 minutes ago, bredao said:

GALAX B550M is good?

> Galax aftersales

Unless you can live without RMA, dont.

21 hours ago, bredao said:

I will replace it, but I will wait more 1 year and half to do it.

than I should go with r5 5600x?

That's not a straight across replacement.  Then you would have to replace your MB. 

I'm in the process of deciding Intel or AMD also, but whatever I pick, I know that I'm stuck with that brand until I'm ready to do a whole new system. That tends to be about 6-8 years for me. When I look at it that way, I'm going with AMD because all of their coming chips are slated for the same AM4 chipset. Intel tends to change their chipsets often which would increase my costs when upgrading. 

For instance, I built a decent high to mid-range Intel system 6 years ago. After two years, my chipset was out. The improvement in the processors for my chipset wasn't enough of an improvement to justify spending money on the processors.  I can't improve my processor without redoing my entire system. AMD seems to stick with their chipsets a lot longer, that makes spending good money on a MB much more practical. When I build Intel, I never get a high end MB because I think it's wasted money. I get something that will do what I need it to do, but I sure don't consider it "future proof." (not that anything truly is)