Huge boot problem

So when i boot the system up it shows the motherboard splash screen (rog logo) the problem is, this takes about 45 seconds. The Q-led code it gives me is b4, which is USB hot plug. I've tried disabling legacy support and lots of other things, the issue still persists. Any help?

BUILD:

maximus V gene z77 mATX

i5 3570k 

8 gb 1333mhz g skill sniper ram

arc midi r2 case

gigabyte 7870

tx650m 

This is my usb config: front panel usb (2 usb 3.0 ports) plugged into header on MB

everything else plugged into usb 2.0 back panel ports.

Did you try removing your front panel usb header and see if it still freezes? If it doesn't work, try removing your usb devices and plugging it in one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'll try this right now, thanks.

Did you try removing your front panel usb header and see if it still freezes? If it doesn't work, try removing your usb devices and plugging it in one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

This worked. For those wondering, I had all my things plugged into usb 2.0 ports on the back. It was just a mouse keyboard and a linksys wireless N adapter. Turns out the adapter was the problem for some reason. Only worked after i plugged it in after boot. It's odd, and it sucks, but whatever.

This worked. For those wondering, I had all my things plugged into usb 2.0 ports on the back. It was just a mouse keyboard and a linksys wireless N adapter. Turns out the adapter was the problem for some reason. Only worked after i plugged it in after boot. It's odd, and it sucks, but whatever.

Glad you solved it. Try plugging your adapter into different USB plugs to see if it boots without a long boot time.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer