100% Disk Usage

OSGinger

I have a 5 year old HP Pavilion Power that has started to run slow and boot times are not what they used to be and when I look at what is using a lot of it is the disk usage its at 100% almost all the time even when its just idling at run. I tried a few things online to do and the last thing it said it might be is that the hard drive may have finally started to give up and was wondering if that might be something I have to fix.

2 minutes ago, OSGinger said:

I have a 5 year old HP Pavilion Power that has started to run slow and boot times are not what they used to be and when I look at what is using a lot of it is the disk usage its at 100% almost all the time even when its just idling at run. I tried a few things online to do and the last thing it said it might be is that the hard drive may have finally started to give up and was wondering if that might be something I have to fix.

Download Crystaldiskinfo and check what it says about your drive's health. If it doesn't say your drive is OK, then you need to replace the drive.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Replace it with an SSD, that will fix it. The difference will be day and night. 

There are cloning tools that let you clone the current HDD ti the SSD so that you dont have to reinstall everything, although I would recommend doing that as well.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do