my first gaming pc

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
1 minute ago, davemc said:

This isnt very well balanced. Downgrade the processor to a 11400 or a 3600 and go for a better gpu.

@SorryClaire

PC:

image.png.c367fe9ff2dec063ed371ad4dbb41fe4.png

image.png.78a6de45fa7be0d1aab163b0c43bc2b3.png

Thanks Dave.

Anyway yeah, that build is massively unbalanced, just like average big box store custom build.

If you dont wanna wait for market to go sane again, and atleast able to use your PC for the basic, i highly recommend switching to Intel Core i5 10400 with the cheapest B460M available.

Budget (including currency):  1000$ USD

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for:

mainly gaming like Minecraft and cod (Call of Duty)

Monitors

I plan to have one monitor for now and upgrade to two later down the line

Peripherals

I do need a monitor and a keyboard I would prefer to get a new mouse but I have one that can work

Why are you upgrading

I am coming  from an old Cardboard school laptop is really slow

Other details

I prefer a black case I'm willing to go over by my budget and I am planning to buy other parts a month or two from now. I am also fine with just a hard drive at the beginning and upgrading later. I do want m.2 support so I can put that in later as well. I'm fine with AMD or Intel whichever one is cheaper. I did try to already make the PC on my own so I'm gonna link that so you can kind of see what I want. if you wont to you can critique my build but I am traying to ask you to build me one thank you.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=1bb52b27-9512-4c2b-bb00-c99163477fcf

8 minutes ago, mr. not_boby_duke said:

I know this sounds laughable, but im blocked by Micro Center from accessing their site. Can ya send me screenshot of the build plan?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

10 minutes ago, mr. not_boby_duke said:

Budget (including currency):  1000$ USD

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for:

mainly gaming like Minecraft and cod (Call of Duty)

Monitors

I plan to have one monitor for now and upgrade to two later down the line

Peripherals

I do need a monitor and a keyboard I would prefer to get a new mouse but I have one that can work

Why are you upgrading

I am coming  from an old Cardboard school laptop is really slow

Other details

I prefer a black case I'm willing to go over by my budget and I am planning to buy other parts a month or two from now. I am also fine with just a hard drive at the beginning and upgrading later. I do want m.2 support so I can put that in later as well. I'm fine with AMD or Intel whichever one is cheaper. I did try to already make the PC on my own so I'm gonna link that so you can kind of see what I want. if you wont to you can critique my build but I am traying to ask you to build me one thank you.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=1bb52b27-9512-4c2b-bb00-c99163477fcf

This isnt very well balanced. Downgrade the processor to a 11400 or a 3600 and go for a better gpu.

@SorryClaire

PC:

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, davemc said:

Don't forget the motherboard. That deserves an upgrade too. Try going for intel to use integrated graphics if you don't have a graphics card and if you want a graphics card now, just get a prebuilt.

Just now, _DeXTeR_ said:

I have made couple changes and increased your budget for a bit. You get better monitor way better graphics card better PSU M2SSd for system and second SSD for saving files. Did not change your PC  case that you should change, you should go for better airflow PC case

think you forgot to paste

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Don't forget the motherboard. That deserves an upgrade too. Try going for intel to use integrated graphics if you don't have a graphics card and if you want a graphics card now, just get a prebuilt.

Agreed. Quite honestly, I can't really recommend custom pcs right now. Prebuilts have gpus. Lol

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

@SorryClaire

PC:

Thanks Dave.

Anyway yeah, that build is massively unbalanced, just like average big box store custom build.

If you dont wanna wait for market to go sane again, and atleast able to use your PC for the basic, i highly recommend switching to Intel Core i5 10400 with the cheapest B460M available.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Thanks Dave.

thank you so much the only problem is that the CPU and the mother board may not be compatible and may need a bios update but other than that it is prefect, thank you never mined i did not se the 3060

13 minutes ago, mr. not_boby_duke said:

thank you so much the only problem is that the CPU and the mother board may not be compatible and may need a bios update but other than that it is prefect, thank you never mined i did not se the 3060

CPU and motherboard are compatible, pcpartpicker just gives you the warning because some boards are sold with very old bioses

1 hour ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Where did you find 3060 for 329$ when its out of stock and price is https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3060-tuf-rtx3060-o12g-gaming/p/N82E16814126491

I just put the MSRP for sanity sake, i know a lot of RTX AIBs have around 5-10% markup from the FE MSRP. Hence why i say a lot of shit about "when stock is normal"