Feedback and future upgrade suggestions? New(ish) build.

Just wanted feedback聽on the build and some suggestions for future upgrades down the line. Just built this mid-January (this year) as my first legit PC. Spent about $990 on it all said and done. I managed to get a (zero issues, idles at 28C, runs full load at around 65-70C) GTX 1070 FTW for $230 off ebay, which given the state of the GPU market, I think is pretty good. Obviously it isn't the newest card, so I already know that might need to be upgraded in the future. As of now, it runs perfectly! Very happy w/ it. That being said, I'd love any pointers on upgrades/additions I could do down the line just bc I am curious. Also I'm definitely not seasoned at this. 馃檪

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽Engineering programs such as Solidworks (not any massive assembly files... still in school. Still some hefty stuff though), Titanfall 2, COD, Apex Legends, Rocket League, etc.

Current setup:

Ryzen 7 3700x

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3600MHz

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi

Corsair CX750m

500GB Crucial MX500 SSD, 2x 500GB HDDs

5x UpHere RGB Fans, Wraith Prism CPU Cooler

Corsair 110R

Optical drive

Windows 10 Pro

lttstore.com

20210418_153329.jpg

20210418_154322.jpg

31 minutes ago, Parabellum117 said:

Just wanted feedback聽on the build and some suggestions for future upgrades down the line. Just built this mid-January (this year) as my first legit PC. Spent about $990 on it all said and done. I managed to get a (zero issues, idles at 28C, runs full load at around 65-70C) GTX 1070 FTW for $230 off ebay, which given the state of the GPU market, I think is pretty good. Obviously it isn't the newest card, so I already know that might need to be upgraded in the future. As of now, it runs perfectly! Very happy w/ it. That being said, I'd love any pointers on upgrades/additions I could do down the line just bc I am curious. Also I'm definitely not seasoned at this. 馃檪

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽Engineering programs such as Solidworks (not any massive assembly files... still in school. Still some hefty stuff though), Titanfall 2, COD, Apex Legends, Rocket League, etc.

Current setup:

Ryzen 7 3700x

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3600MHz

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi

Corsair CX750m

500GB Crucial MX500 SSD, 2x 500GB HDDs

5x UpHere RGB Fans, Wraith Prism CPU Cooler

Corsair 110R

Optical drive

Windows 10 Pro

lttstore.com

20210418_153329.jpg

20210418_154322.jpg

Looks pretty good ngl. I'm guessing you went 750 Watts for the future. Also, Why do you need an optical drive and 3600mhz. You could've went with 3200mhz ram and be chill. Also I think you might've gotten a worse deal on getting 2 500GB HDDs. Getting a 1TB would've been better. In the future, you could get the 5800X since it has a better performance than the 3700X, but the 3700X is good enough for both solid works and games. Otherwise, Looks good!

Current Setup: PC

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Looks pretty good ngl. I'm guessing you went 750 Watts for the future. Also, Why do you need an optical drive and 3600mhz. You could've went with 3200mhz ram and be chill. Also I think you might've gotten a worse deal on getting 2 500GB HDDs. Getting a 1TB would've been better. In the future, you could get the 5800X since it has a better performance than the 3700X, but the 3700X is good enough for both solid works and games. Otherwise, Looks good!

Believe it or not, the 3600MHz was cheaper than the 3200MHz of the same model (At the time of purchase, mid-January at Best Buy). I got the 3600 while it was on sale. Pretty happy about that. 馃檪As for the HDDs, I had just reused those from my last computer because they still work fine. Both are 7200rpm HDDs. I agree about the 5800x. I would have loved to get that, or even the 3800x, but it would have been a substantial price increase. Definitely an upgrade I'd like to do eventually. I've heard the 5000聽series is great.