Sharing my experience with audio on pc for playback performance

Angelugo_venezuela

Hi i just want to tell my experience trying to get the best audio from my pc for playback.

I really love audio and like to tinkering with the pc trying to get best audio that i can because here in my country you don't see high end equipment  after a lot months tweeaking Bios values my mainboard is z97x gaming3 with a hasswell i7 4770k and 16 gb ram with a xfi fatal1ty. I finally found for me the best sound the main solution that i found is set the uncore way higher than the core my pc runs at 3.5ghz and the uncore at 4ghz i listen thru a pioneer  "elite" receiver via coax but also regular 3.5 mm output sounds terrific as well i tested this only by ear there a lot of more variables like the ram speed but its way too hard to pinpoint the differences if i set the core higher than the uncore sound is not the same is not bad but it misses something i also tweak a lot the windows to get it to the lowest dpc latency possible it helps but the real change was the uncore ratio even if you set something like 1 ghz difference between core and uncore the sound will still come out amazing. 

So my question is what is really happening  here ?

Short answer is it won't matter. The clock speeds of your microprocessor and your memory shouldn't affect an external DAC (which if you're using SPDIF coax to a pioneer receiver, that's an external DAC). In fact, they shouldn't affect an internal DAC. In a system with rather poor grounding, shielding and decoupling schemes, you may notice an increase in the noise floor when overclocking. 

The first 15 minutes of this video are worth a watch. 

As Ethan points out, most of us who do audio production know the experience of EQing a track *to absolute perfection*, then realizing the EQ was bypassed or that you were tweaking the EQ on the adjacent channel strip. Keep in mind that the sonic changes from an EQ are far, far more noticeable than those from swapping out reasonably competent equipment.