Minecraft frame/gpu drops

BumBum

Hi

i’m having issues with minecraft where it stutters for like 0.5ish seconds (gpu drops % depending on how long the stutter is for - longer stutter, the higher the gpu drop) and idk why it’s happening. I’ve allocated more ram (4gb), max performance in nvidia settings (hyper threading off) and windows full performance. Optifine also didn’t do anything (max/min settings). Temps all under 65C - What i’ve been noticing is that my Harddrive maxes out because of ‘System’ and ‘antimalware’. Ram also reaches 90%

sorry if this has been answered before, but i’ve been scouring the internet for a fix to no avail. CPU never goes over 60% forgot to say

specs:

intel i5-4690

Rtx 650 ti

Seagate Barracuda ST 1000DM003 (1 TB)

650 watt psu

8GB ddr3

HP 2af7 MOBO

It’s a windows 10 desktop

gpu usage drops because you become cpu/ram bottlenecked.

Make sure that when you have minecraft with optifine open to hit escape on your keyboard, then click performance in the bottom right corner of the options, and turn everything on and set chunk updates to 1

1 hour ago, curiousmind34 said:

gpu usage drops because you become cpu/ram bottlenecked.

Make sure that when you have minecraft with optifine open to hit escape on your keyboard, then click performance in the bottom right corner of the options, and turn everything on and set chunk updates to 1

I've put every single setting to lowest (render distance 2, fps unlim, etc etc) - CPU is max 60%, so I'm guessing it's my RAM. Weird, as Minecraft runs smoothly for players with 2GB allocated - Thanks for the quick reply though, will try to get 16GB now

4 hours ago, BumBum said:

I've put every single setting to lowest (render distance 2, fps unlim, etc etc) - CPU is max 60%, so I'm guessing it's my RAM. Weird, as Minecraft runs smoothly for players with 2GB allocated - Thanks for the quick reply though, will try to get 16GB now

try allocating 4gb, that should fix it if its ram

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, curiousmind34 said:

try allocating 4gb, that should fix it if its ram

I did say i allocated 4gb in my original post, so far i’ve had no fix to this sadly

So the "system" thing you're seeing in task manager using up your HDD bandwith is probably "superfetch" or as they renamed it "sysmain." I disable it on any Win10 machine that doesn't have an SSD. It's a service, it pretty much just tries to cache your windows file directories so it can search faster, but disabling it makes everything better. 

https://www.techsupportall.com/what-is-superfetch-or-sysmain-how-to-disable-it/

That should help and you can also try "Sodium" for an FPS boost instead of Optifine.