help me understand

aidantt
Go to solution Solved by aidantt,

okay guys. you might want to call me dumb or stupid. i dont understand. say if i pay for a TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX10). do i have to pay for service or wifi along with the router. does it come with it? 

okay guys. you might want to call me dumb or stupid. i dont understand. say if i pay for a TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX10). do i have to pay for service or wifi along with the router. does it come with it? 

6 minutes ago, aidantt said:

No. WiFi isn't the internet. It's just a medium through which you can access a network to get onto the internet.

You need to pay an ISP for an internet connection first.

If you buy a router, than a router is all you get. You still need a contract with some service provider to be able to access the internet. Unless the router is something you get from your ISP as part of your contract.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply