IS RESOLUTION PROPOTIONAL TO CPU BOTTLENECKS IN COMP GAMES(ft valorant)

EagleOP
Go to solution Solved by QuantumSingularity,

Well kinda good and bad news situation - with the higher resolution, your CPU usage will drop drown (good news), BUT (bad news incoming) i am not sure this 1650 will be capable of keeping an average of 165FPS @ 1080p for that monitor to sync well, so you might experience some unpleasant tearing.

i am talking abt valorant here...cuz when i see...cpu is always at 70% usage but see my frnds are 30-40 %(i have a 6 core 6 thread cpu) can it be reduced because i play at 900p and getting a 1080p 165hz moniter and my gpu is a 1650 super and 16gb ram so no problems there...my question is that *is resolution related to cpu bottlenecks )

3 minutes ago, EagleOP said:

i am talking abt valorant here...cuz when i see...cpu is always at 70% usage but see my frnds are 30-40 %(i have a 6 core 6 thread cpu) can it be reduced because i play at 900p and getting a 1080p 165hz moniter and my gpu is a 1650 super and 16gb ram so no problems there...my question is that *is resolution related to cpu bottlenecks )

Usually, the higher the resolution, the lower the CPU usage. In higher resolutions games rely on the GPU more and less the CPU. 

The usage isn’t that big of a deal in competitive games. What matters more is your performance

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

7 minutes ago, EagleOP said:

Question: what are your friends specs and are you getting poor performance? If the answer to question 2 is yes, then continue posting in this thread. If no, don’t worry about it and continue on with your day.

Well kinda good and bad news situation - with the higher resolution, your CPU usage will drop drown (good news), BUT (bad news incoming) i am not sure this 1650 will be capable of keeping an average of 165FPS @ 1080p for that monitor to sync well, so you might experience some unpleasant tearing.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

On 17/04/2021 at 2:17 AM, QuantumSingularity said:

It's a 1650 super and can do 120+ fps in even 4k (only valorant and light stuff) and I have a ryzen 5 3500 at 4.1 ghz...(can do 200 fps at 900p so it is kinda able to push 165+ fps )

On 16/04/2021 at 8:02 PM, Downkey said:

Usually, the higher the resolution, the lower the CPU usage. In higher resolutions games rely on the GPU more and less the CPU. 

The usage isn’t that big of a deal in competitive games. What matters more is your performance

It kinda gives good fps but any more app I load and game lags(to 79-90 fps frm 180) so will it be fixed whn I get a 1080p 165hz? I have a 900p 80hz now

On 16/04/2021 at 8:08 PM, TitanMaster57 said:

Question: what are your friends specs and are you getting poor performance? If the answer to question 2 is yes, then continue posting in this thread. If no, don’t worry about it and continue on with your day.

I am not getting low fps...but whn I start any other app or hek even my headset software ...since the usage is already high the fps drops..will it be fixed whn I get the 1080p moniter?

22 hours ago, EagleOP said:

I am not getting low fps...but whn I start any other app or hek even my headset software ...since the usage is already high the fps drops..will it be fixed whn I get the 1080p moniter?

If you aren’t getting poor performance, then don’t worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, TitanMaster57 said:

If you aren’t getting poor performance, then don’t worry about it.

Ok thx