front audio jack not working

xcluse
Go to solution Solved by Matszhie,

If you do not have realtek hd audio manager, you can download it from the official website https://www.realtek.com/en/downloads
I personally would not know if supremefx provides the same features, so even if you were to be able to do the same things, I wouldn't know how to enable/disable the auto detection. So you could try using the realtek hd audio manager from their official website.

hi forum,

i have a asus rog strix h370-f gaming motherboard and a razer electra v2 with 3,5mm audio cable (so not the usb version). recently i got speakers that i want to plug into the back audio ports so my headset would be in the front 3,5mm jacks. but i cant get them to work. i've tried to reinstall the drivers (the sonic suite and realtek drivers) but still no success. however it does seem to recognise that something is plugged in (check the attached picture on the left bottem corner you can see that the front io is not colored grey like the backports. sorry that its all in dutch). also i have not connected the speakers disableling is not the problem. any suggestions.

thanks  already 

image.png

So if I understand correctly it is the speakers which are not working? Have you selected these as audio output in Windows itself and are there no dedicated buttons on the speakers to change the volume of the speakers themselves? Just checking to be sure, but I am not too familiar with these kinds of problems.

hihi no no i want to connect my headset in the front io and as seen in the picture they are recocgnised but wont play audio and setting them as default or just selecting them does not help also on the headset volume is maxed out so thats not it either

It is very confusing to me that the headphones are detected but do not function properly. Usually, they are not detected either when talking about these kinds of issues. In those cases there would be a number of solutions, for example disabling and enabling front jack panel connection in Realtek HD Audia manager or checking the connections between the audio jack and the motherboard. I do not think these solutions will help in this case, which makes me uncertain of what else to try..
Your headphones are working when they are connected to the audio jack on the back right?

yes they do work when connected to the backports but the picture does suggest that it would work right maybe its false clue or something. honestly ive run out of ideas lmao

oke so when i disconnect the headphones it still thinks they are connected even after a reboot

Okay so then they might not necessarily be detected, then I'd recommend setting the headphones you want to use as default after choosing sounds and playback. If this does not do anything, you can go to Realtek HD Audio manager and click on the folder icon at the right top. There you can enable front panel jack connection if this is not the case yet. If this is the case, you can try disabling it and see if that does anything. If this does not work either, you can check if the wires are connected properly between the front audio jack and the motherboard.

how do open the realtek hd audio manager i only have the supremefx which is also calld realtek hd audio manager but that one does not have a folder at the right top

If you do not have realtek hd audio manager, you can download it from the official website https://www.realtek.com/en/downloads
I personally would not know if supremefx provides the same features, so even if you were to be able to do the same things, I wouldn't know how to enable/disable the auto detection. So you could try using the realtek hd audio manager from their official website.