Samsung Note 8 data

TubbyTubb

Hey y'all I'm trying to figure out how to get my pics and stuff off of my phone onto my PC, normally all I would need to do is plug the phone in and it will popup installing drivers for USB device. However when I plug the phone into the USB3.2 nothing comes up and it doesn't say installing driver or anything. Plus I've looked in My Computer and the phone doesn't show up either, any ideas??? I forgot to add that the USB ports are working properly also.....

THOMAS

MSI Z490 CARBON FIBER  | i9-10850K@5.2Ghz @1.212v | ASRock OC Formula RX6900XT 16GB | 32GB G-Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz | Custom CPU and GPU Loop(EKWB, Bykski, Primochill) | EVGA Supernova P3 1200W | 2x 250GB Samsung 980 RAID-0 | 2x 500GB Samsung 870 EVO RAID-0 | 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 | 8x CM Sickle Flow 120mm Fans | Windows 11 64 Bit

your phone may be in the mode where it uses your computer for charging only if that's the case look in your notifications for a notification saying charging only and see if taping on that and changing that to either transferring images or transferring files fixes that issue if this doesn't fix the problem try another USB cable or USB port on the computer

Well that's strange I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it installed the driver. However when I click on my phone in my computer I click on my phone but it shows it's empty.....

THOMAS

MSI Z490 CARBON FIBER  | i9-10850K@5.2Ghz @1.212v | ASRock OC Formula RX6900XT 16GB | 32GB G-Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz | Custom CPU and GPU Loop(EKWB, Bykski, Primochill) | EVGA Supernova P3 1200W | 2x 250GB Samsung 980 RAID-0 | 2x 500GB Samsung 870 EVO RAID-0 | 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 | 8x CM Sickle Flow 120mm Fans | Windows 11 64 Bit

Hey thanks man I got it. I had to install an app to be able to transfer them, plus I had to move pics out of certain folders to folder to be able to see them all.

47 minutes ago, BrokenProgram01 said:

your phone may be in the mode where it uses your computer for charging only if that's the case look in your notifications for a notification saying charging only and see if taping on that and changing that to either transferring images or transferring files fixes that issue if this doesn't fix the problem try another USB cable or USB port on the computer

THOMAS

17 hours ago, TubbyTubb said:

Hey thanks man I got it. I had to install an app to be able to transfer them, plus I had to move pics out of certain folders to folder to be able to see them all.

THOMAS

that seems like an older android thing because I don't remember having to install an app to transfer photos even on my samsung A71