UFD Tech Nintendo Issue

Marhier

Just posting here in regards to the issue Brett from UFD Tech is having with Nintendo and to see if we can get a discussion about it on the WAN show?

Seems he's being unfairly treated, when others (LTT included) have made videos almost identical to theirs regarding Android running on the Switch.

He posted a video about 2 hours ago, giving an update on the issue, which has been going on for over a year now.

Maybe it will be discussed in next WAN if you make good thread about it. This one lacks some critical info. Though from context I assume they are getting content ID claimed by Nintendo for something regarding modding Switch. But what the last paragraphs means in regards of this is bit fuzzy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Haven't seen the original video. Maybe there was something on there that was bad (did he really just show how to install Android? What about running games off it? Did he use any Nintendo's IP in the video, as in, any footage of games? I don't know)

In the video he doesn't say anything about why "Nintendo" took it down. It's mostly him complaining about Youtube being shit. He doesn't show any actual proof that Nintendo is behind it. Just circumstantial evidences.
Considering his original video kept being removed, reinstated, and removed, reinstated... Youtube knows it's fair use, but it's a broken system. Cannot appeal more than twice. And the third time, he receive an email from Youtube's legal team saying they got a legal complain, without saying from who it came from.

image.png.2552929943a90390618abb7fe769f042.png

All in all, we don't actually know if Nintendo is behind it. If it's just a troll who doesn't like UFD tech that pretends to be Nintendo on this or whoever else.

But seriously, the fact that Youtube cuts out creator features because of a community guideline strike... Like chapter breaks. Is just plain stupid.
Get one strike, suddenly the viewing experience for your viewers becomes a lot worse...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro