Laptop gets uncomfortably hot when not run in low power mode

I have an acer nitro an515-53 laptop, with some slight modifications. The main issue I'm having is that the i5 8300H will get in the high 90s during load. After applying new zinc oxide thermal paste, the max temps dropped about 5 degrees C. Even idling, the cpu will go above 70 and eventually be in the 80s if doing light application work. These results happen when the laptop is receiving plenty of airflow with max fan speed on. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas, other than keeping it always on low power mode like I currently do, to make the cpu cooler during idle and load while not on low power. 

Lift the laptop up and allow more air to enter from the underside, and/or get one of those laptop cooling fan "platforms" that blow cooler air upward towards the underside of the laptop

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Zinc Oxide pastes are usually only up to 4 w/mk.  Find a paste that is at least 8 w/mk.

If it is a paste like AS5, it requires a 200 hour burn in time before the temps settle lower. 

But inherently, laptops generally run pretty hot. The heat sink is designed around the TDP value and generally not designed to move any more than that BTU number. 

You can try undervolting your CPU using a program like ThrottleStop. Your mileage may vary, though. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)