Issues with connecting

I started folding yesterday and everything worked fine, but today I havn't been able to connect to the server. 

When I start the F@H client it automatically starts using the CPU even though i'm not connected. The Web Control times out and refuses to work. I have re-installed the program and the problem is not solved. Restarting the computer didn't make any difference either. 

In the attached file you can see the advanced client which I have tried to change some settings without any progress. 

Do any of you know what the reason for this may be?

Thanks! 

olan1225

Here is the image, seems like it didn't work the first time! 

errorjo.jpg

Maybe the windows firewall blocked the F@H client, take a look on this.

edit: In the SS it seems you didn't set up a identity, do that also. Pick a username (make sure that it isn't in already in use), set team to 223518 (LTT Team), and get a passkey. More info in stickies.

It is not the windows firewall. I did set up an identity yesterday, is there any way that can be done without the web client? 

You can do it in the advanced client, but I don't know if you can do it without being connected. It'd be Configure>Identity.

Maybe it's some port within your modem that you'll need to open manually, but I won't be able to help you on this because my internet isn't helping  <_<.

I don't think it is avaiable when not being connected because I have just one tab under configure and that is connection.

I've tried port forwarding port 36330 through my router but nothing has changed. Maybe I should try an older client and see if it has the same issues. 

Uninstall the client with revo, deleting all entries, re-downloading and re-installing. Maybe restart the pc, or running it as a admin.

Thank you qwerty! Revo did the trick!  :D

You're welcome.

and 

Revo is awesome :D.

One thing to note - if Folding has been stopped for some reason - you cannot restart it with the advanced client. I hate that. Try running the web client - that should restart it, or reboot. Had you tried either of those?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yes I did try both of them, the web client timed out after the 30 second countdown and rebooting didn't help! I did try and configure remote access earlier if that had any thing to with the thing stopped working. 

Remote Access - like RDP? That will kill it - the old client was a bit forgiving, but not the new one. You cannot RDC to a folding client. Haven't tried something like VNC or such...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

There is a remote acces tab if you press configure in the advanced control, but it didn't seem to work. 

Oh, yes, that. :)  For remote monitoring...