CORSAIR 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz CL18 KIT CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 vs. CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18

Go to solution Solved by Zmimgo,

Apparentally the CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18 has a lower SPD latency, more about that here: https://www.overclock.net/threads/whats-difference-between-spd-latency-and-tested-latency.1200087/

So i am in the process of deciding on a 32GB RAM KIT and narrowed it down a bit. The ASUS X570 Dark Hero is daisy chained so i threw out the idea of the Corsair LPX 4 x 8GB 3600mhz CL16. 

I like Corsair kits, and since my build is hugely Corsair parts, i would like to buy memory from them too.

I found 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX modules that are purchasable here in hungary that are 2x16GB 3600mhz CL18 (not CL16, but oh well, should be fine in general, i might play with the timings) :

- CORSAIR 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz CL18 KIT CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

- CORSAIR 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz CL18 KIT CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18

There is only 1 letter difference, and i assume that there is no real difference (maybe in memory manufacturer like samsung, micron etc.) between them. Maybe the Z letter one is newer production?

I can't find anything online about these 2 kits that would indicate any difference between them. Any suggestions? Are there a page where i can find out about ram sticks or any personal experiences? What is different between the 2 kits?

Thanks ❤️

21 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

Already saw that reddit thread, it explains nothing sadly.

17 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

Apparentally the CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18 has a lower SPD latency, more about that here: https://www.overclock.net/threads/whats-difference-between-spd-latency-and-tested-latency.1200087/

Does the lower SPD latency mean anything?

Just now, Novver said:

Does the lower SPD latency mean anything?

That shouldn't be important, since both kits are validated at 3600MHz CL18