Help With Thermaltake UX100 on a MOBO w/out ARGB header + installing new RGB fans

sp4cehum4n
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
1 minute ago, sp4cehum4n said:

These are the connections coming from the UX100. I have nowhere to connect the Ground and Data wires on my mobo, so I'm looking for the correct controller that would take those as well as some new fans I have yet to purchase.

oh ok then if you dont have an mb header you can get ether an manual controller or an internal usb controller. list of all the software controllers i could find.

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-M

CPU Fan: Thermaltake UX100

Case Fans: Unknown as I am unsure of which to get.

Hello all,

I just recently completed my first PC build. I wasn't sure which section to post this in, so I apologize if this is the wrong section. First and foremost, I am looking to take control of the RGB lighting on the UX100 CPU fan, rather than it having it's stock rainbow effect. I also want to install 2 or 3 more fans with RGB to add more airflow (and lighting aesthetics). I've done some research and it's clarifying and confusing at the same time. Being that I don't have any A/RGB headers on my motherboard will I be able to control any of the fan lighting using compatible software once I have a RGB/Fan controller installed? Would that be achieved by connecting the controller to one of the internal USB 2.0 headers on my MOBO? Or will I be stuck using the remote that comes with the controller due to the constraints of my mobo? Should I purchase case fans that are also 5v 3pin to match my CPU fan? Any help would be much appreciated, and if I need to provide more information, don't hesitate to tell me lol.

If you get a proper controller that connects to an internal usb header and can be controlled that way then you have software control too. Just make sure they are compatible.

i found thhis

ux100.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

17 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i found thhis

ux100.png

These are the connections coming from the UX100. I have nowhere to connect the Ground and Data wires on my mobo, so I'm looking for the correct controller that would take those as well as some new fans I have yet to purchase.

1 minute ago, sp4cehum4n said:

oh ok then if you dont have an mb header you can get ether an manual controller or an internal usb controller. list of all the software controllers i could find.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Awesome, thanks, I think this is just what I needed. Nice work putting this together, btw.

3 minutes ago, sp4cehum4n said:

Awesome, thanks, I think this is just what I needed. Nice work putting this together, btw.

np that's what it there for to help people.

manual controller can be buttons on the controller or a remote control and you will only have what pre sets are on there. for software it will depends on witch controller you go with. keep in mind not all sofawre gets along with each other say rgb ram software and rgb fans software might not like each other.

Edited by thrasher_565

39 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you get a proper controller that connects to an internal usb header and can be controlled that way then you have software control too. Just make sure they are compatible.

Okay, thanks, this is helpful.