Seriously weird DHCP issues...

Mr_IICaTz

Good morning LTT Forums!! 

I have had an issue for about 3 weeks now trying to figure out what's going wrong..

network structure is as follows:

- Arris modem (In Bridged Mode)

-Netgate SG-1100 (Router) 10.0.100.1

-USW-Lite-16-PoE (Switch) 10.0.100.3

-UAP-AC-Pro (AP) 10.0.100.7

So basically, clients have been reporting drops.. the access point drops after about 30 minutes of using it and devices start self assigning 169 Addresses and recently clients have been saying the Ethernet drops sometimes as well..

they say it works fine with a different non unifi ap I put on site but even then they are reporting strange issues via LAN as well

what I have tried:

-Disabling all advanced features that ubiquiti suggests, none worked.

-tried AP on 4 different routers all with the same result

-statically assigned switch/ap addresses

all in all, this is a massive piece of stress as these people are getting really mad at me now lol.. ubiquiti support is also looking into it but thought i'd put it on here to see if anyone knows what's going on.

r/homelab - Serious headaches with this network.

ARP Table

r/homelab - Serious headaches with this network.

DHCP STATIC MAPPINGS

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but I observed that the Host name is a different IP address to the actual IP address on the ARP table.. those devices are the AP, Switch and a camera system.. all have a static ip and host name assigned in the DHCP server..

is there only one dhcp server running on the network?

1 minute ago, nilobject said:

is there only one dhcp server running on the network?

Yes, there is only one.. however I did observe this.  it says 0 leases are given out however ALL dhcp is disabled on the Ubiquiti gear. 

image.png.a00f71da495562c361e9dcf0792b96ea.png

just looks like a conflict to me, or maybe something crashing.

maybe change the settings of all devices that have a dhcp server to make sure they are not using the same ip range. 192.168.*.*, etc

19 minutes ago, nilobject said:

just looks like a conflict to me, or maybe something crashing.

maybe change the settings of all devices that have a dhcp server to make sure they are not using the same ip range. 192.168.*.*, etc

I have gone through the network top to bottom and made sure everything was configured correctly, there should be no other DHCP servers on the network. the weird thing is the same issue occured when i took the AP home and connected it to my network which i know for SURE has no other routers