GPU Upgrade

idkandidc

Budget (including currency): My budget is at max 300$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: It will mainly be used for playing different games but nothing specific

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): My current specs are GTX 1650, Intel Xeon e5-2620 v3 and 16GB RAM. I want to upgrade but idk what the best gpu for the price is. I dont have a budged for the PSU so no need to worry about that.

Keep your current gpu, for $300 you'll get nothing right now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Are you looking to get better gaming performance with your current specs? At this point the Xeon is probably limiting you assuming your playing at 1080p and I would actually go for a CPU upgrade over a GPU one. I suspect as we approach 2024 and on we will start seeing more miners quit as the difficulty of bitcoin drastically starts to increase. 

I would try and save up for an i5 10400f as in the US you could easily get it, along with a motherboard and RAM for $300 however it looks to be more like $450 right now in Norway if I do a KR to USD conversion. The only thing that might fall in to your current budget might be a Ryzen 5 1600 but thats not a big enough upgrade for me to recommend. Also most GPUs for $300 even here in the US market won't be much of an upgrade right now over a 1650 unless you win the lottery and find something priced at or near MSRP. (even the used market options are not that great)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  (kr1794.00 @ kl.ink) 
Motherboard: MSI H410M-A PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (kr1077.00 @ Proshop) 
Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (kr988.00 @ kl.ink) 
Total: kr3859.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-14 15:12 CEST+0200

Yeah... For the equivalent of $300 (2500 NOK currently) you will not be able to upgrade the GPU with current prices in any norwegian stores. Thats what the GTX 1650 goes for.

Sorry mate.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do