Which ram is better?

Tomer_555

I found two different rams, both are 32gb(16gb*2) 3600 mhz ddr4, is there another difference I should look out for or should I just buy the cheaper one?

They are: Corsair Vengeance PRO 32G (2x16G) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 RGB BLACK and 32GB (2x16G) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600Mhz CL16

For the Corsair one I think you mean the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, not just Pro.

The better one here is the Crucial Ballistix, because it's 3600mhz and that's faster than 3200mhz. The faster Crucial Ballistix must be more expensive though. What are the prices?

Both of these are really good, but personally I prefer the Corsair just for the looks and it has RGB.

2 minutes ago, FRD said:

For the Corsair one I think you mean the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, not just Pro.

The better one here is the Crucial Ballistix, because it's 3600mhz and that's faster than 3200mhz. The faster Crucial Ballistix must be more expensive though. What are the prices?

Both of these are really good, but personally I prefer the Corsair just for the looks and it has RGB.

The crosair is actually a bit more expensive

4 minutes ago, Tomer_555 said:

The crosair is actually a bit more expensive

How much is a bit more actually?

8 minutes ago, FRD said:

How much is a bit more actually?

(I live in israel so everything is a lot more expensive) the Corsair is about 240 usd and the crucial ballistic is 212 usd, the Corsair also has a 3600 mhz version that costs about 300 usd.

Then I think you should choose the Crucial Ballistix. It's cheaper and faster. It has RGB too or not?

Only choose the Corsair if you like the look more and want RGB lights.

51 minutes ago, Tomer_555 said:

They are: Corsair Vengeance PRO 32G (2x16G) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 RGB BLACK and 32GB (2x16G) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600Mhz CL16

59 minutes ago, Tomer_555 said:

I found two different rams, both are 32gb(16gb*2) 3600 mhz ddr4, is there another difference I should look out for or should I just buy the cheaper one?

I would go with the one that is in the QVL for your motherboard, especially when it comes to high capacity and high speed memory modules. I certainly wouldn't risk it getting something and having it not work when DOCP is enabled. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

9 minutes ago, Analog said:

I would go with the one that is in the QVL for your motherboard, especially when it comes to high capacity and high speed memory modules. I certainly wouldn't risk it getting something and having it not work when DOCP is enabled. 

I don't know what qvl is

5 minutes ago, Tomer_555 said:

I don't know what qvl is

Qualified Vendors, basically the RAM thats approved by the manufacturer of the board. A lot of board manufacturer often doesnt have those for every board so theyre not exactly a "tried and true" method. What CPU are you going to pair it with anyway?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Tomer_555 said:

I don't know what qvl is

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Qualified Vendors, basically the RAM thats approved by the manufacturer of the board. A lot of board manufacturer often doesnt have those for every board so theyre not exactly a "tried and true" method. What CPU are you going to pair it with anyway?

This is simply not correct. It has nothing to do with what is "approved" by the board manufacturer. Rather, the manufacturer has taken the time to test and validate the aforementioned in the QVL memory modules as working properly in specific configurations and with specific processor generations. Of course anyone can purchase and install whatever memory he deems fit, but if it doesn't work as it should and it is not listed in the QVL, you are out of luck. 

Also, do please tell me which motherboard manufacturer doesn't list a QVL for their boards? Any current motherboard from a reputable manufacturer has a QVL. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

8 minutes ago, Analog said:

Rather, the manufacturer has taken the time to test and validate the aforementioned in the QVL memory modules as working properly in specific configurations and with specific processor generations.

But thats exactly what approved means? Youre literally just mentioning that my synonym is wrong.image.png.ff62ee21425df0f88731d9137e5d360a.png

image.png.092e360d85a0b614ad0066bc6836e017.png

10 minutes ago, Analog said:

Also, do please tell me which motherboard manufacturer doesn't list a QVL for their boards?

Asrock and Gigabyte doesnt have one for AMD and iirc also Intel.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

But thats exactly what approved means? Youre literally just mentioning that my synonym is wrong.

Asrock and Gigabyte doesnt have one for AMD and iirc also Intel.

The word "approved" has an entirely different connotation than "validated," but I'd rather not argue about vocabulary on a pc forum 😄 

Which boards from ASRock and Gigabyte in particular don't have a QVL, because I can show you examples of each manufacturer with all relevant chipsets and all of them do have a QVL:

- Asrock B550 board- https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550 Extreme4/index.asp#Memory

- ASRock B560 board - https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B560 Pro4/index.asp#Memory

- ASRock Z590 board - https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z590 Extreme/index.asp#Memory

- Gigabyte B550 board - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/support#support-doc

- Gigabyte B560 board - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560-HD3-rev-10/support#support-doc

- Gigabyte Z590 board - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590-UD-AC-rev-10/support#support-doc