No signal on pc after installing and trying to overclock ram

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
1 hour ago, Shookyoo said:

To further add, I was playing on the pc earlier today but it was when I decided to restore the ram speed to default that the no signal problem occurred. I don’t think my pc is broken becasue the led lighting and fans still work 

Pull battery take both jumpers and move them down one pin (won't hurt to do both)

No signal on monitor after installing ram. 

okay so, I’m kinda a noob at pc building but I know a fair bit and was confident when I installed my new ram. 

I first made the mistake of buying the wrong speed of ram (DDR4). I already had a 3200mhz Hynix ram stick and had bought a 3000mhz stick of ram but I did a few google searches and read that the pc would just downclock to the lower speed so I didn’t mind that. I had checked that it said 2933mhz on task manager before I bought the 3000mhz stick. 
matter installing the new ram the clock speed went down to 2400mhz so I went to YouTube and watched a couple videos on how to overclock ram and downloaded ryzen master and cpu-z. I was going for 3000mhz so I went into cpu-z to see what figures I had to change on ryzen master and did that but it didn’t really change anything. So I decided to power off and take the hyper x ram out and boot up again with just the Hynix. But my pc monitor kept saying no signal. I put the hyperx ram back in and thought that id just reset the profile back to pre overclocked settings (or default) and take it back out. It needed to restart the system so I agreed to restart...but then it just went back to no signal after the restart page had shown. I had both ram sticks in and it showed no signal at this and now my pc monitor doesn’t pick up signal when I removed one or put in both. I switched the ram in the two slots that my pc has but nothing changes. Now I’m just sat here like an idiot not knowing what to do PLEASE HELP. 

I have a hp  pavilion gaming pc it’s a tg01 model with ryzen 3 3200g..I’ll have to check the other info cause I can’t remember from the top of my head

Do a BIOS reset. Your PC manual will tell you how.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

And leave the RAM speeds alone afterwards. RAM OCing will only get you very minimal (a few FPS) boosts. Not worth it really.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

One more thing is that when buying ram, I have found the best way to do it is to buy it in a package with two sticks instead of getting one stick here and one stick there sort of thing.  That way you are more or less guaranteed they will work together.  Mixing ram sticks is not recommended because of the problems they cause.

Take Care and Good Luck.

I have a question, if I were to get a 3200mhz ram stick would that sort the problem or is that not guaranteed? 

My pc turns on but still no signal on the monitor. I did the cmos jumper method but idk if i did it right cause nothing seems to have changed. 😞

44 minutes ago, Shookyoo said:

My pc turns on but still no signal on the monitor. I did the cmos jumper method but idk if i did it right cause nothing seems to have changed. 😞

Did you yank the battery and leave it unplugged and jumpered for 10 minutes?

I have a question, if I were to get a 3200mhz ram stick would that sort the problem or is that not guaranteed? 

Ideally, you'd want a matched stick to the one you have, and to be really certain, you'd want not only matching RAM, but RAM on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List...RAM guaranteed by the PC maker, to work with the PC)

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Did you yank the battery and leave it unplugged and jumpered for 10 minutes?

I haven’t done the battery method I just did the jumper one. But say if I do this battery method, what if it doesn’t solve the problem? And I couldn’t find the same 8GB Hynix 3200mhz ram stick and the hyperx one was in my budget. 

2 minutes ago, Shookyoo said:

I haven’t done the battery method I just did the jumper one. But say if I do this battery method, what if it doesn’t solve the problem? And I couldn’t find the same 8GB Hynix 3200mhz ram stick and the hyperx one was in my budget. 

You have to pull the battery and do the jumper as well.

If this doesn't solve the issue, then the mobo is toast, but unless you were playing with the voltage settings of your RAM, this is unlikely.

Let's tackle one problem at a time, pull the CMOS battery, change the jumper to the "clear" settings, give it 10 minutes, put jumper back, replace CMOS battery back into the proper holder, insert only 1 stick of RAM, and see what happens.

Report back.

Okay I’m not that confident so if it’s not too much trouble can you please tell me what I should move and such. I know the blue top right are the jumpers and the battery is below that. When I did cmos I just moved the right blue two pin jumper down one. I’m assuming that I did this step wrong but could you please confirm? Thank you for advising me so far I really appreciate it 

495DE57E-5389-466F-A332-E9F84F2C75A2.jpeg

Just now, Shookyoo said:

Okay I’m not that confident so if it’s not too much trouble can you please tell me what I should move and such. I know the blue top right are the jumpers and the battery is below that. When I did cmos I just moved the right blue two pin jumper down one. I’m assuming that I did this step wrong but could you please confirm? Thank you for advising me so far I really appreciate it 

495DE57E-5389-466F-A332-E9F84F2C75A2.jpeg

To further add, I was playing on the pc earlier today but it was when I decided to restore the ram speed to default that the no signal problem occurred. I don’t think my pc is broken becasue the led lighting and fans still work 

Pull battery take both jumpers and move them down one pin (won't hurt to do both)

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

MY PC BOOTED UP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT 

MY PC BOOTED UP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT 

Yay!