G27FC Gaming Monitor Stutter

Coltonw023456

so i been testing with my OLD TV that is 60hz and i was playing for a while no issues so far with the TV the reason i can't ditch this monitor for the tv is cause how old the tv is its having little blue dots now its 5 years old and it was used a lot but anyway i had this new display for a few months now and thinking it was my system so if i set  it to 165hz in games that are locked to 60fps it will stutter a lot more and beam.ng drive i can set it to 165hz but i'm using V sync and i think its struggling when set to higher  then 60fps limit with V sync now i tried using freesync in games that is trash so im stuck using V sync and it stutters less with V sync so then i tried lowering from 165hz to 60hz and the only best option is 60hz but it still seems to have issues i think my games are trying to use 165hz and not 60hz or how ever this is doing this but i love this display but the stutter is annoying and its   is soooo much better on my TV 60hz so it tells me A i can't see the stutter cause of the respond timeing witch is higher then 1ms lol on the TV i think its like 30 something but with the my new  monitor its 1ms so im wondering if im seeing every delay that my system as lol but anyway i reinstalled windows drivers tried older drivers nothing i did talk to gigabyte and AMD and AMD gave up and gigabyte wants a RMA but im not paying for shipping no way lol anyway sorry for my bad spelling i konow it sucks 

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread
  • Motherboard
    B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
  • GPU
    SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6
  • Case
    NZXT H510i
  • Storage
    Silicon Power 256GB - NVMe M.2 /Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache/intel 660P Series, 1 TB
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    AMD Wraith Prism RGB LED

So it only stutters if a game is locked at 60hz but you set the monitor to 165hz?  Does it stutter if you set the monitor to the same frame rate as the game?  If not what about 120hz(double 60hz)?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

58 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So it only stutters if a game is locked at 60hz but you set the monitor to 165hz?  Does it stutter if you set the monitor to the same frame rate as the game?  If not what about 120hz(double 60hz)?

it does stutter less if i set all games to 60hz and 60fps with v sync is the best option but it still seems to stutter even though i limit it and   i tried 75Hz as well and its worse then 60hz lol for some reason i don't understand but yes i tried 120hz i tried from 165hz all the way to 60hz and even 59hz 

5 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

it does stutter less if i set all games to 60hz and 60fps with v sync is the best option but it still seems to stutter even though i limit it and   i tried 75Hz as well and its worse then 60hz lol for some reason i don't understand but yes i tried 120hz i tried from 165hz all the way to 60hz and even 59hz 

If the monitor is set to 60hz and the game is set to 60hz and .1% lows are above 60hz the game shouldn’t stutter at all even with no synch of any kind. That’s how people did it before synch was available.  If this is happening I would suspect the machine before the monitor because who would make a monitor that did that?!  A stutter from the machine is some sort of pause generally.  Any background software that may be coopting  your cpu?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

If the monitor is set to 60hz and the game is set to 60hz and .1% lows are above 60hz the game shouldn’t stutter at all even with no synch of any kind. That’s how people did it before synch was available.  If this is happening I would suspect the machine before the monitor because who would make a monitor that did that?!  A stutter from the machine is some sort of pause generally.  Any background software that may be coopting  your cpu?

well don't seem like my cpu or gpu is being maxed or used by a other software now even if i use 60hz and 60fps i still get screen tearing unless i use v sync but i am wondering if my TV i can't see the quick stutter due to the respond timing but it could be the games i play 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

i don't understand i set the screen to 60hz in windows and then go in game and it still does it so then i limit the frames and then the screentearing is worse i don't understand lol