UPGRADING OLD PC

Joshua124

Ima upgrade an old pc that has windows 10 and i3 4150 and 8gb of ram  and 1tb hdd I was thinking I wanna upgrade it cause I don’t got a pc and I’m on a tight budget I was wondering if I could put a 5700xt AMD GPU in it and 16gb of Corsair ram and and 2 months later when I get 500 bucks I put a i510600k which is 215 and I will also put a ssd the 970EVO plus  500gb is that good or should I not do it 

BTW THE 5700xt I can buy one for 380 or shloud I get a dif gpu like something cheaper 

the I5 10600K will not work in the same motherboard as the I3 4150. you would need to swap that aswell

The 10600K also needs different RAM. at that point you might be better off building the entire thing yourself.

There's a few things wrong here.

1. The Core i3-4150 is an LGA 1150 CPU. The Core i5-10600K is an LGA1200 CPU. To use a 10600K, you'll need a new motherboard (Z490/Z590 if you want to overclock).

2. You haven't said what kind of Corsair RAM. LGA 1150 is DDR3 only, not DDR4.

3. If you buy the 5700 XT, you can resell it for ~$1000.

4. The 970 EVO Plus is an NVMe SSD. 4th gen Intel doesn't support NVMe booting.

elephants

I would like to see a picture of the motherboard and know the model. I don't know how knowledgeable you are about these things but the i3 4150 doesn't have the same motherboard as the i5 10600k. Meaning that you would need a motherboard upgrade.

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

1 minute ago, Joshua124 said:

What do u mean like go for amd cpu

they offer better performance so go with it

2 minutes ago, S0UL_MOR1AL said:

they offer better performance so go with it

Uhh... no.

A Ryzen 5 1600X is worse than a Core i5-10600K.

I assume you mean Zen 3 (Ryzen 5000), but you'll need to specify that, but remember, Zen 3 CPUs are overpriced right now.

elephants

Ikn they do but the 10600k better then 3600 and that’s  200 for normal and XT is 270 I only got 215 for cpu so that’s the problem 

Just now, Joshua124 said:

Ikn they do but the 10600k better then 3600

Not gonna dispute that. Higher base/boost clocks .

1 minute ago, Joshua124 said:

that’s  200 for normal and XT is 270 I only got 215 for cpu so that’s the problem 

I'm not following this - the 10600K is $200, but the 3600XT is $270, and you only have $215?
What's your total budget for a new system?

elephants

Like yeah it has more cores but i5 10600k has better performance and  more ghz and clock speed etc or shloud I get a 3600

2 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

Like yeah it has more cores

Make sure to quote people so we get notifications that you replied 🙂

The 3600 is a 6 core, 12 thread CPU.

The 10600K is a 6 core, 12 thread CPU.

3 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

i5 10600k has better performance and  more ghz and clock speed etc or shloud I get a 3600

What is your total budget for a system upgrade?
Our recommendations will depend on that.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Not gonna dispute that. Higher base/boost clocks .

I'm not following this - the 10600K is $200, but the 3600XT is $270, and you only have $215?
What's your total budget for a new system?

My budget. Is 450 I can get gpu for   350 to 380 the gpu price don’t count since I’m not buying gpu I’m just buying the rest not gpu I’m also gonna get Z490 msi a pro motherboard I forgot to put it sorry and ima prob get a cooler the hyper evo 212 I’m also getting the ram I listed the Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb

Or shloud I just get a dog gpu like cheaper I just want something I can upgrade old pc thst can turn it into a gaming one but I want something better then 1660 it can’t be 1660 super or ti or anything better then regular 1660 

Maybe a 

4 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

Or shloud I just get a dog gpu like cheaper I just want something I can upgrade old pc thst can turn it into a gaming one but I want something better then 1660 it can’t be 1660 super or ti or anything better then regular 1660 

Maybe a 1070 to or normal  y’all tell me