Only two of my four ram slots are working

ferociousblazze

When I try to install any ram DIMMs in my two rightmost slots the pc gets stuck in a restart loop before even reaching bios.

I discovered it when I remembered that after I had sent the pc for repairs 3-4 years ago and had forgotten about till yesterday when open the pc for some spring cleaning and saw that the ram DIMMs were weirdly installed in the two leftmost slots.

I'm on the latest bios for the mobo, cleared the CMOS and tried booting with only one DIMM installed at each slot/all combinations and the same happens whenever a DIMM is installed in the two rightmost slots.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
  • Teamgroup 8GB(2x4)Kit 2400 Vulcan
  • Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 5(rev 1.0)
  • 232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB
  • VGA PCI X MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
  • Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W

Try reseating your CPU and clearing CMOS for couple of times. This is usually either CPU mount related or CPU socket related.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

12 minutes ago, Levent said:

Try reseating your CPU and clearing CMOS for couple of times. This is usually either CPU mount related or CPU socket related.

thanks for the reply... will try

(and hope I'll manage to reseat the cpu cooler cause it doesn't easily lock back onto the motherboard)