PC won't turn on

AM23rs7

Good day. I've just built a PC and upon trying to turn it on, I get no response apart from the MSI EZ Debug LEDs flashing for a split second, then turning off. No fans start spinning, no other lights turn on. I've jump started my PSU with a paper clip and it worked. I am however doubtful that my components are dead because I fail to turn on my old components with the same PSU. 

Please help me, I have no idea what to do.

My parts are: 

Ryzen 5 3500

MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX

Klevv 1*16GB DDR4 2666Mhz

MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8GB

***I think my PSU is a Antec 700W- not too sure of the name

Does your MOBO support that cpu out of the box without BIOS updates?

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Does your MOBO support that cpu out of the box without BIOS updates?

Yes it does, it's  on MSI's list of supported CPUs.

So you're saying it gets all the way through the boot process and into Windows if you jumpstart the PSU? That would indicate there's no real issue. It would have to be down to something wrong with the actual power button on the case or the front panel headers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

So you're saying it gets all the way through the boot process and into Windows if you jumpstart the PSU? That would indicate there's no real issue. It would have to be down to something wrong with the actual power button on the case or the front panel headers.

No, it I don't know how to jump the PSU and have the 24 pin plugged into the motherboard at the same time. 

Is there a way?

2 minutes ago, AM23rs7 said:

No, it I don't know how to jump the PSU and have the 24 pin plugged into the motherboard at the same time. 

Is there a way?

Short the motherboard header pins that are mean to be the power button.

You manual should have this listed on what pins to short. 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Drawing-18.sketchpad.png.4c68929815c0071322f7289e253628d4.png

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

4 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Short the motherboard header pins that are mean to be the power button.

You manual should have this listed on what pins to short. 

I've tried that first. It does the same thing as in my original post. Thank you for your suggestion anyway.