Looking to upgrade from budget monitor to budget monitor

quexeky

So i've been looking at getting a better monitor as my current one is so old it has a "Certified for Windows Vista"  logo on it. As you can tell, I am extremely budget, with about a $200-250 AUD budget, or around $180 USD. The most recent one I have been looking at is this: 

https://www.centrecom.com.au/aoc-c24g2-236-165hz-curved-gaming-monitor?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjmVO4VNcwoS-rw1PHa3VTNr4W0b-6e4Yix_QkDpZgLiBriK7b_KEJgaAovLEALw_wcB.
A 165 Hz23.6 inch display with 1ms quoted response time, for about $210 AUD ($160 USD). However I wanted to know if 1, it is in fact a decent monitor, or 2, if anyone could recommend me anything.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, quexeky said:

my current one is so old it has a "Certified for Windows Vista"  logo on it.

whats the native resolution and refresh rate of your current monitor? or just the make and model

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

whats the native resolution and refresh rate of your current monitor? or just the make and model

My current monitor is an acer X233H bd with 1920 x 1080 23" and an LCD monitor with 5ms response time.

6 minutes ago, quexeky said:

My current monitor is an acer X233H bd with 1920 x 1080 23" and an LCD monitor with 5ms response time.

OK. so long as you are aware that the replacement monitor is going to be the exact same size and resolution with the only advantages being the refresh rate and response time then it's up to you if thats worth the 180$

29 minutes ago, emosun said:

OK. so long as you are aware that the replacement monitor is going to be the exact same size and resolution with the only advantages being the refresh rate and response time then it's up to you if thats worth the 180$

Yes, I am aware of the (albeit few) main advantages, however, since my monitor is so old, it has a few... problems. Whenever I bump my desk, it turns off. Whenever I attempt to fix it, I can, but only after a few seconds of jiggling it around, and the electronics crackling. It is also extremely dim, and often ghosts. And to make it worse, when I first started using if as a hand-me-down from my parents, it had an ant infestation... yeah