I cant get linux off a tablet

i have looked for many hours on how to do this.

i put Linux mint 14 on a Asus EP 121 32gb a while ago 
one day i got windows 8 and wanted to put it on the unit. I couldn't figure out how to remove Linux so i randomly started changing stuff hoping that it would randomly disappear (i know not smart), It would not let me simply plug a USB stick with the OS on it because of some random hitmanpro thingy. Now every time i turn on the unit the error below happens.

error: unknown filesystem.
grub rescue> _

i looked it up tried some solutions nothing worked. So now i have a windows os that i want to put on it. everytime i plug in the usb stick i get another stupid phenomenon as described below

HitmanPro.Kickstart 1.3 © 2012 SurRight

USB Boot Options:

1 bypass master boot record [default]
2 Regular boot (when bypass did not work)

Please enter choice: *i have tried booth*
when i put 1
HitmanPro.Kickstart booting
MBR Read
Failed to boot!
when i put 2
I don't remember but it something like unknown file system. 

The main goal is to remove Linux and put windows back on. I have thought about trying to crack open the unit to remove the SSD and plug it into a working computer and reformat it there but the unit is so tightly put together its incredibly difficult to pull apart without damaging it. I have also used the bios to try and boot from the USB stick and the same hitman pro :angry:

bs pops up. 

I have tried using the same ISO image that is already installed on the unit but the same hitman pro comes up.

there is only one OS on this unit due to the size of the drive.

Are you sure the USB stick you have with Windows is bootable? I recommend using this to create a bootable stick - 

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool/3000-18513_4-10972600.html

It's very simple to use, works with Windows 7 and 8.

Thanks, but I managed to pull the back off and removed the msata ssd and plugged it into a laptop and reformatted and installed windows.

• 4 weeks later...

next time i would make sure i was booting off the correct device and make sure it was written correctly to the usb

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam