Philips sync box via cloning

slamuffin

Hello everyone,

monitor: Acer Pred XB273K GP

game im mostly talking about: COD cold war, multiplayer

cpu:  10900k

gpu: 3070 gaming x trio

desired viewing experience: one monitor

My objective is to use my philips hue hdmi sync box on my gaming pc if the performance deductions can become more reasonable.  Philips hue seems to accept 120hz signal but its known it can not pass through 120hz at 4k (or any resolution, i believe).  So, i run my monitor over display port (4k, 120hz) and clone to the philips sync box over hdmi.  I dont appear to lose capabilities due to connectivity but the gameplay (frame rate) suffers dramatically.  I probably use odd graphics settings 1600p, "quality" dlss, high ray tracing, no hdr, everything else in high.  Like this i get consistent 130-150 fps (and then output to monitor with gsync at 120hz).  Everything the same, turning on the cloning over hdmi drops those same settings frame rate to like 60-80 fps range.  

Has anyone else dealt with this and discovered a better way to do what i'm trying to do? The hdmi sync box and lights work great but the performance hit makes it not practical for gaming.  Do i just need to wait for next gen philips sync box that does hdmi 2.1?

Anyone else in the same boat?

One thing i do want to add is now that im cloning monitors, the game im talking about (COD cold war) now makes me select windowed full screen mode instead of just running normal "full screen".  Also, in nvidia control panel i can NOT adjust settings of the signal to my sync box, refresh rate is 120hz though and resolution i actually cant tell.  I'm not passing through the hdmi sync box, just running into one of its inputs.

Sorry for the stream of conscience message style