help

jams12345

The recommended resolution drops from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 what could be the possible solution to make 1920x1080 as the recommended resolution?

image.png

Why would you care about the recommendation anyway when you clearly know what resolution you are targeting?

Is your monitor plugged into your computer via a VGA cable instead of DisplayPort or HDMI?

1 minute ago, oscar7601 said:

Why would you care about the recommendation anyway when you clearly know what resolution you are targeting?

Is your monitor plugged into your computer via a VGA cable instead of DisplayPort or HDMI?

because some applications aren't really in a 1920x1080 resolution 
my monitor is plugged via VGA cable with a HDMI adapter 

5 minutes ago, jams12345 said:

because some applications aren't really in a 1920x1080 resolution 
my monitor is plugged via VGA cable with a HDMI adapter 

Then your VGA cable is the bottleneck. VGA does not support Full HD (1920x1080). Not sure about its maximum resolution but it's definitely below your target.

You ought to change for a DisplayPort cable or HDMI.

PS : I suppose the "recommended resolution" is just what the HDMI to VGA adapter is pretending its resolution is (what it tells the computer to output by default). It does not "tell" your PC to output 1080p by default because it would be useless. Just like telling the computer to output 4K only to have the signal downscaled (this might not be the appropriate word for the process) to a very low resolution would be pretty useless.

10 minutes ago, oscar7601 said:

Then your VGA cable is the bottleneck. VGA does not support Full HD (1920x1080). Not sure about its maximum resolution but it's definitely below your target.

You ought to change for a DisplayPort cable or HDMI.

PS : I suppose the "recommended resolution" is just what the HDMI to VGA adapter is pretending its resolution is (what it tells the computer to output by default). It does not "tell" your PC to output 1080p by default because it would be useless. Just like telling the computer to output 4K only to have the signal downscaled (this might not be the appropriate word for the process) to a very low resolution would be pretty useless.

thanks for your input sir have a good day