CPU over heating

Go to solution Solved by CosmoNeos,

I need help I just bought a ryzen 9 3900 and it keeps over heating, it was fine in the winter but now it’s Sumer and I live in Texas 

I need help I just bought a ryzen 9 3900 and it keeps over heating, it was fine in the winter but now it’s Sumer and I live in Texas 

Sounds like it could be one of the following many possibilities or a combination thereof:

1) TIM sucks
2) cooler not mounted properly
3) cooler sucks
4) Airflow sucks in your case
5) Fans attached to air cooler or radiator aren't being allowed to go to higher power (ex. hard set on a 'quiet' fan curve).

First question, are you confident that it's your CPU that's overheating?

9 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Sounds like it could be one of the following many possibilities or a combination thereof:

1) TIM sucks
2) cooler not mounted properly
3) cooler sucks
4) Airflow sucks in your case
5) Fans attached to air cooler or radiator aren't being allowed to go to higher power (ex. hard set on a 'quiet' fan curve).

First question, are you confident that it's your CPU that's overheating?

So I opened the system to swap my parts with the old and it worked fine then I put everything back without closing it and it worked so something is overheating I just assumed it was the cpu and I bought it all in the winter and this problem only started a few days ago

i have a Corsair case that is known for shitty air flow I’m also using the fan it came with

Would a water cooler help or should I switch cases

or is there something I can do in the bios to make it run cooler I’m new to this pc stuf and just started when COVID did

4 minutes ago, CosmoNeos said:

So I opened the system to swap my parts with the old and it worked fine then I put everything back without closing it and it worked so something is overheating I just assumed it was the cpu and I bought it all in the winter and this problem only started a few days ago

i have a Corsair case that is known for shitty air flow I’m also using the fan it came with

Would a water cooler help or should I switch cases

or is there something I can do in the bios to make it run cooler I’m new to this pc stuf and just started when COVID did

Well, what's the reason you assumed the CPU was overheating in the first place?  Was your speed going down really low, or was the system shutting itself down suddenly, etc.?  What does the temperature show in BIOS, or perhaps in software like Ryzen Master?