680 2 way SLI or 690?

Guest Gazzer96

For single display at the higher resolutions you're looking to go to I would just get a 4GB 670 or a 7950/7970

Multi GPU is more often than not a bigger hassle than it's worth.

To decide which, i'd look at the titles you prefer to play and see which way the devs optimized. Some games play better on nvidia, some play better on ATI. If most of the games you like to play lean one way then get the card that works best.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Fair enough, I am possible wrong about AMD. Never gonna go to PC World ever again for a 'gaming' PC Desktop.

Now can we move on?

Next time instead of going to a brick and mortar electronics store come onto these froums and some of the more knowlagable people will help you find the best for your budget.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

For single display at the higher resolutions you're looking to go to I would just get a 4GB 670 or a 7950/7970

Multi GPU is more often than not a bigger hassle than it's worth.

To decide which, i'd look at the titles you prefer to play and see which way the devs optimized. Some games play better on nvidia, some play better on ATI. If most of the games you like to play lean one way then get the card that works best.

Well here is some games I will be playing: Hawken, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, DC universe online, Watch Dogs (when it is out), Quake Live, Far Cry 3, Portal 2, TF2, Darksiders 2, Garry's Mod (with Mods), Skyrim (with mods), Left 4 dead 2 (with mods), Grid 2 (when it is out) and so on.