680 2 way SLI or 690?

Guest Gazzer96

I don't see PhysX being too much better than OpenCL especially considering OpenCL is getting a lot faster than Cuda in more applications.

I haven't seen much on OpenCL, but does it have better physics than this?

Bro Physx is a gaming thing bro. Nivida is a bad choice now. There is no reason to pick the less performance cards. AMD wins. More Vram. Cheaper. Better performance. Game bundles. 

4gb 680 is a scam. And if you get that then you're a fool. 680 2gb is vram bottleneck. = Get AMD

AMD is more performance= Get AMD

Amd is Cheaper = Get AMD

AMD game bundles = Get AMD

Nvidia has physx in 4 important games. 

Nvidia is coming out with a new series this month. 

BRO wait or get AMD. Thats the only choice. 

I'll wait then; the way I have been having problems with AMD kinda puts me off.

690 sucks with high res because of the 2gb Vram, would buy Titan, or 2 7970 with 3gb, or 2 680 with 4 gb

actually 690 outperforms titan at high resolution

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

That's true but the problem with dual GPU cards is it all depends if the game will have good scaling on multigpu. Although, the Titan performs a bit less than the 690, it provides a smoother gameplay.

That's true but the problem with dual GPU cards is it all depends if the game will have good scaling on multigpu. Although, the Titan performs a bit less than the 690, it provides a smoother gameplay.

yes thats true but also that applies to all resolutions

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

No it dosent and at best is neglagibale.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

I'll wait then; the way I have been having problems with AMD kinda puts me off.

Problems with AMD ?

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

I think nvidia isnt too bad on the scaling side its amds dual cards that need better software

No it dosent and at best is neglagibale.

Please provide some source for your claims rather than shooting people down with yes or no's. Whenever you try and refute something, please explain why.

fc3-19x10-avgfps.png

fc3-25x14-avgfps.png

skyrim-19x10-avgfps.png

skyrim-25x14-avgfps.png

Remember what Linus and other reviewers say: "Drivers and game code are not really optimized for dual GPU cards.

if you are in the market for a 1000€ GPU or more you better have 3 1080p displays or 1440p. And the 690 with its 2GB Vram can run out of vram, and than your FPS can dropp really bad. yeah the 690 is really fast but its nor a good option. it should have 4GB vram for every GPU

Ive never seen pc pers benchmarks before, every other benchmarks ive seen the gtx 690 has outperformed the titan. So with that being pc pers benchmark they are obviously counting actual frames not broken frames so i will have to then agree that the titan and 680??? Are better cards and also over higher resolutions. Yes i do know that 690 can only use 2gbs by the way lol : )

Ive never seen pc pers benchmarks before, every other benchmarks ive seen the gtx 690 has outperformed the titan. So with that being pc pers benchmark they are obviously counting actual frames not broken frames so i will have to then agree that the titan and 680??? Are better cards and also over higher resolutions. Yes i do know that 690 can only use 2gbs by the way lol : )

The ones I showed were the games that the Titan matched or passed the 690. They have other benchmarks for games that showed the 690 beating the Titan handily. I only showed those ones to make a point to that other user who refused to believe that multigpu scaling is not always good and dual GPU cards are not as optimized as single GPU cards in every game.

The ones I showed were the games that the Titan matched or passed the 690. They have other benchmarks for games that showed the 690 beating the Titan handily. I only showed those ones to make a point to that other user who refused to believe that multigpu scaling is not always good and dual GPU cards are not as optimized as single GPU cards in every game.

you were correct to do so as theres a misconception that dual cards are better than single cards : )

you were correct to do so as theres a misconception that dual cards are better than single cards : )

Like Linus said, a single powerful GPU gives a better and more consistent gaming experience than 2 weaker GPU.

Problems with AMD ?

This is going to be long... I think I've mention something about in my post or some else's post, but anyway my first gaming computer 5 years was based on AMD/ATI and died within several months, the next computer I got (for free as the last computer was still in warranty) is what I have now and it used by the family and it had a 1GB 5570 and it was utter crap. Yes it was a 5570, but surely it could at least play some games without micro-stuttering/lag. When I overclcoked to see if I could increase the performance from 680Mhz up to 710Mhz just to see if how it would cope, few mins later the BSOD came up on the screen, so I had to uderclcok it back to 680Mhz. Shortly afterwards I found that the driver needed updating and once it finished the BSOD came up again... but at least it the latest driver on now.

My Mum now uses it to play the Sims 3 and for her 'Create and craft' stuff and complains to me about how it keeps freezing; I knew it wasn't the CPU having problems because it has an Intel i7 820, it has 6GB of RAM, the is hard drive defragmented and check for viruses weekly and is in good condition, so it must have the GPU. To minimize the freezing I had to set the visuals on lowest, still there was slight stuttering here and there, but it was alot better. My laptop (I know I have mentioned this somewhere and people are gonna get sick of me saying it) with a 3GB 445M with lower stats (apart from the VRAM) on paper than the tower with a 5570, but on gaming and other tasks, that is a total different story; with Crysis 1 on the laptop, I could get 40fps average next to highest settings, meanwhile the tower with a 5570 could not get barely 25fps on the exact same settings. I've even overclocked the 445M (even when I shouldn't) from 590Mhz to 720Mhz, on a laptop!

I've have stuck with my laptop even since I have got it;I have pushed it a bit and it still runs as fast it was new, if not faster... apart from the HDD which may have worn down a bit. The only problem is that it does get quite hot, so I had to buy an external fan to keep it below 90oC.

Hope this wasn't too long for you.

This is going to be long... I think I've mention something about in my post or some else's post, but anyway my first gaming computer 5 years was based on AMD/ATI and died within several months, the next computer I got (for free as the last computer was still in warranty) is what I have now and it used by the family and it had a 1GB 5570 and it was utter crap. Yes it was a 5570, but surely it could at least play some games without

I will just stop you right there 5570 ? that's not even a gaming card. You are complaning about terrible performance of an OEM GPU desigend for HTPC use.

5570? Wasn't that comparable to like a GT420? Anything below a *770 for AMD or below a GTX for NVIDIA is not really considered gaming graphics.

5570? Wasn't that comparable to like a GT420? Anything below a *770 for AMD or below a GTX for NVIDIA is not really considered gaming graphics.

My 445M is GeForce GT model. But this is a mobile GPU and it will be slower than a desktop 445 GPU.

Ya kind of like driving a chevy chevette and complaning that it's to underpowerd and that it had problems accepting hop ups LOL.

I will just stop you right there 5570 ? that's not even a gaming card. You are complaning about terrible performance of an OEM GPU desigend for HTPC use.

It shouldn't be crashing like it does though.

It shouldn't be crashing like it does though.

It could be a mountain of reasons aside from the GPU. That GPU is not a performance gaming series of chip it is not made to be pushed.

It could be a mountain of reasons aside from the GPU. That GPU is not a performance gaming series of chip it is not made to be pushed.

I've pushed my mobile GPU and they are not made for that.

It's not apples to apple. That 5570 GPU is so weak that an OC would probly in all honesty make it run slower even if you manage to get it even stable which you did not. The problem here is between keyboard and chair.

It's not apples to apple. That 5570 GPU is so weak that an OC would probly in all honesty make it run slower even if you manage to get it even stable which you did not. The problem here is between keyboard and chair.

Fair enough, I am possible wrong about AMD. Never gonna go to PC World ever again for a 'gaming' PC Desktop.

Now can we move on?

You can OC a turd but it's still a POS