5.1 Sound not working

Go to solution Solved by circeseye,
7 hours ago, StingerKun said:

Helloo,

I have a 5.1 audio system which works in general, but not on my current configuration from god knows what reason, and that's why I'm here, to get some help.

The audio system is a Genius SW-5.1 3000, motherboard is a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX. OS is Windows 10 Pro 19042.906 .

I configured it in "mmsys.cpl" to a 5.1 surround, I pressed Test and everything works. I opened YouTube, I hit Play on my Playlist, and surprise, it only works in Stereo (Front Left and Front Right Speakers). No Center/Subwoofer, no Rear Speakers.

Tried a couple of games and in some seems to be working, but other than that... no.

Before upgrading the computer, I used a Dedicated Audio Card, Asus Xonar, and I used to have surround everywhere.

Reinstalled my drivers after doing a clean uninstall of them, but the problem persists. 

Installed Realtek Audio Console to have more control, but no luck with it.

Played a bit with the settings in Audio Console and I found a few things:

1. if I activate Bass Management, then the subwoofer works but it's tied to the front speakers. If I test them, the subwoofer makes sound as well.
      Reveal hidden contents

2.jpg.b0a027b004e0a6e4d9d1f9ebec8111c3.jpg

2. if I activate and Environment effect, then the subwoofer makes a bit of sound. Just barely.
      Reveal hidden contents

3.jpg.0d83792ca5c581df0922d9598c635bcb.jpg

3. if I assign every port to Front Speakers and change the Speaker Configuration to Stereo, then every speaker will work but it will become tied to the front speakers.

Bellow you can see how I assigned my Back Panel. I tried switching them around but it still doesn't work.

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg.c78d2b8e6e5763a2f0cfa56877ef641f.jpg

I'm totally out of ideas.

couple things...youtube videos RARELY have surround. most browsers wont do surround. try a movie, or netfix or amazon app or a game. i think edge supports surround

Helloo,

I have a 5.1 audio system which works in general, but not on my current configuration from god knows what reason, and that's why I'm here, to get some help.

The audio system is a Genius SW-5.1 3000, motherboard is a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX. OS is Windows 10 Pro 19042.906 .

I configured it in "mmsys.cpl" to a 5.1 surround, I pressed Test and everything works. I opened YouTube, I hit Play on my Playlist, and surprise, it only works in Stereo (Front Left and Front Right Speakers). No Center/Subwoofer, no Rear Speakers.

Tried a couple of games and in some seems to be working, but other than that... no.

Before upgrading the computer, I used a Dedicated Audio Card, Asus Xonar, and I used to have surround everywhere.

Reinstalled my drivers after doing a clean uninstall of them, but the problem persists. 

1. if I activate Bass Management, then the subwoofer works but it's tied to the front speakers. If I test them, the subwoofer makes sound as well.
    Spoiler

2. if I activate and Environment effect, then the subwoofer makes a bit of sound. Just barely.
    Spoiler

3. if I assign every port to Front Speakers and change the Speaker Configuration to Stereo, then every speaker will work but it will become tied to the front speakers.

Bellow you can see how I assigned my Back Panel. I tried switching them around but it still doesn't work.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, StingerKun said:

Helloo,

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

couple things...youtube videos RARELY have surround. most browsers wont do surround. try a movie, or netfix or amazon app or a game. i think edge supports surround