NETLOGON offline folder

Simon771

Since most of our workers are now working from home, I received some complaints, that laptops take a long time to boot up.

I also noticed that problem with my own laptop, that it takes around 1-2 min longer too boot up when it's not connected to domain network. In event viewer I saw that it's trying to access netlogon folder, but that one is not available before users connect to company domain VPN.

Is there any way to make netlogon folder to be always accessible like an offline folder? I did right click on that folder and marked is as available when offline, but nothing happened.

Does anyone have any decent solution, how to make netlogon folder available even when not connected to domain network? Can be solution for only one device, or GPO solution that I would later implement for all users.

Could there be any other reason why Windows boot up, and it's stuck at "Please wait" screen for 1-2 minutes, before I can log in to my PC? Like I said, that problem only exists when I'm not connected to domain network. When I'm at work with my notebook, I just plug network cable in PC before I turn it on, and it works great.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB