5900x bios settings questions about voltage and stuff

My cpu was overclocking itself all the way up to 4.7 ghz for no reason, the fans were going crazy (cooler is asus strix 360 aio).

My temps in the bios were 48-53 °C and the voltage in the bios was like 1.45-1.47 (all of this was factory settings)

I disabled the precision boost overdrive thing, set a frequency on the cpu 4.1ghz and left everything else on auto,

the fan curve is also on auto.

Right now my pc is stable pretty stable at 4.1 ghz and only 1.0875 volts

I also tested it while gaming on 1440p and high fps (250-300 fps), voltage goes about + 10% but it never reaches 1.20 for example.

again it's pretty stable after all voltage is on auto I only stoped the PBO and set the frequency to 4.1

first picture shows my voltage and idle temps before the changes

My question is - since I did some changes i wanna know how is it okay for a cpu like 5900x to operate well and nice and without problems on only 1.087 volts and when it's under pressure to boost the voltage

with only 10% is this thing normal or there is something really wrong? please help me : ( 

1057271961_1TEMPSBEFOREINIDLE.jpg

2.jpg

Thats fine.

Also your previous settings is normal as well. The BIOS loads the CPU up, thus higher voltage and temps than at windows idle. I know its stupid. Also, with Ryzen, the boosting algorithm works this way, it pumps lots of voltages at idle, (not harmful) usually in the 1.45v range. its like that hyped up kid thats ready to run a sprint at the snap of a finger, only to realize its not running a sprint, but a marathon once it starts working. It then dials the voltages back to where they need to be for the work load its asked.

You can set a custom fan curve to prevent fans from going crazy during this and highly recommended to just leave CPU on auto and let it do its thing with Ryzen. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card