Is this power supply compatible with my motherboard.

This is my first time posting on this Forum so if I'm in the wrong section sorry.

I was wondering if the EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply is compatible with my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard. It's in a pc from 2017 with mid to high specs and I wanted to upgrade my gpu but I didn't have enough power. I did some research and found out that I should probably get 80+ gold with 650 watts. And this power supply is rated well, but I don't know if its compatible. Psus are the one part of pcs that I'm not knowledgeable with. And I can't find an answer to this question anywhere online so I'm hoping someone knows.

Here are the links to pc part picker if u want them:

-  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VgPKHx/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-usb3-r2-micro-atx-am3-motherboard-ga-78lmt-usb3-r2

-  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Xsn8TW/evga-supernova-ga-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-ga-0650-x1 

Edit: sorry the second link doesn't work idk why

2 minutes ago, Palpy said:

This is my first time posting on this Forum so if I'm in the wrong section sorry.

I was wondering if the EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply is compatible with my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard. It's in a pc from 2017 with mid to high specs and I wanted to upgrade my gpu but I didn't have enough power. I did some research and found out that I should probably get 80+ gold with 650 watts. And this power supply is rated well, but I don't know if its compatible. Psus are the one part of pcs that I'm not knowledgeable with. And I can't find an answer to this question anywhere online so I'm hoping someone knows.

Here are the links to pc part picker if u want them:

-  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VgPKHx/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-usb3-r2-micro-atx-am3-motherboard-ga-78lmt-usb3-r2

-  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Xsn8TW/evga-supernova-ga-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-ga-0650-x1 

Edit: sorry the second link doesn't work idk why

will work.

1 minute ago, Avanta8 said:

Yes it will be fine.

Is there anything I would have to buy besides the psu or do I just buy it shut down the old psu and put in the new one and boot up my pc?

Just now, Palpy said:

Is there anything I would have to buy besides the psu or do I just buy it shut down the old psu and put in the new one and boot up my pc?

that should be it. sometimes I see that older andd lower-tier motherboards can't take too much power, so don't put some 3080 in that. Otherwise, you should be fine.

3 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

that should be it. sometimes I see that older andd lower-tier motherboards can't take too much power, so don't put some 3080 in that. Otherwise, you should be fine.

do you think a 3060ti would be fine. it is considered a low end motherboard but it has some pretty heavy duty stuffy plugged into it rn and it works amazingly. Plus its only 3 years old

2 minutes ago, Palpy said:

do you think a 3060ti would be fine. it is considered a low end motherboard but it has some pretty heavy duty stuffy plugged into it rn and it works amazingly. 

I cant find info on the pcie 2 or 3, but it should be fine as long as you don't do any overclocking. Notice that if anything goes wrong in the future, blame the motherboard but it wiil be fine with a shorter life for now.

21 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

I cant find info on the pcie 2 or 3, but it should be fine as long as you don't do any overclocking. Notice that if anything goes wrong in the future, blame the motherboard but it wiil be fine with a shorter life for now.

alright thanks