Bottleneck

JJ_12

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello, i have a question and would my pc bottleneck with my cpu which is a ryzen 5 3600xt and my gpu which is a red devil rx 6700 xt ? Also i would like to start streaming but i dont know if my cpu is capable of streaming. Would i need to upgrade my cpu if i want to start streaming? Would i need to upgrade anything on my pc? Here are my specs.

My specs for my pc is

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600xt

Gpu: Red Devil Rx 6700 Xt

Psu: Silverstone 700Watts

Ram: 32Gb of 3600

Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming X-570 plus wifi

it would only have a large bottleneck problem if you are loading it in such a way as to create one. what games? what settings?

Anything higher than 1080p, I doubt you'd be bottlenecked to much extent. 

4 minutes ago, JJ_12 said:

Would i need to upgrade my cpu if i want to start streaming?

No the 3600xt is more than enough to start streaming.

5 minutes ago, JJ_12 said:

Would i need to upgrade anything on my pc?

Unless your PC isn't performing like you would want, there's no need to upgrade.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

it would only have a large bottleneck problem if you are loading it in such a way as to create one. what games? what settings?

The games im playing are call of duty cold war and modern warfare, shadow of the tomb raider, and horizon zero dawn. The setting in all the games are maxed out to the highest presets.

4 minutes ago, tishous said:

Anything higher than 1080p, I doubt you'd be bottlenecked to much extent. 

No the 3600xt is more than enough to start streaming.

Unless your PC isn't performing like you would want, there's no need to upgrade.

So then if i want to play in 1440p i would start to see a bottleneck then? 

Just now, JJ_12 said:

No, he means the opposite

You'd be more likely to bottleneck at 1080 but it still wont be a lot

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, JJ_12 said:

No, I worded that a bit weirdly. I meant at resoluations higher than 1080p, there won't be any meaningful CPU bottleneck.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

8 minutes ago, davemc said:

No, he means the opposite

You'd be more likely to bottleneck at 1080 but it still wont be a lot

Okay i understand. I have a question about the gpu and my psu. On the powercolor website it says that the rx 6700 xt minimum power is 700watts. I have a 700 watts psu, so would i be expecting any trouble with the pc?

8 minutes ago, JJ_12 said:

Okay i understand. I have a question about the gpu and my psu. On the powercolor website it says that the rx 6700 xt minimum power is 700watts. I have a 700 watts psu, so would i be expecting any trouble with the pc?

As long as its a reliable 700w power supply you should be fine. Find the model and check the psu tier list

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler