PC RAM Upgrade

andrict05
Go to solution Solved by curiousmind34,
11 minutes ago, andrict05 said:

Budget (including currency): HRK, RAM: 400-700 HRK (62,86-110,01$)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Little gaming(Valorant and similar), programming...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Motherboards supports(MSI A320M Pro VD/S):

- max. DDR4-3200MHz

- max. 64GB RAM

- dual channel

Based of of that, I have Croatian site with filters for that specifications: url

(that site provides list of where can I buy stuff for the lowest price)
Wondering why is this(Patriot Viper Steel) cheaper than this(Kingston HyperX Fury) (both same specs, same latency...) and which one to chose?

I currently have Patriot 8GB RAM DDR4 in single channel and I want to upgrade to 16GB (2x8GB).

Choose whichever one is cheapest. Both are reputable brands. RAM is one of the more generic components. 

As to why one kit is cheaper, it either costs less for Patriot to make the same spec of ram or they are taking less profit off it it, not really quality difference.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Little gaming(Valorant and similar), programming...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

- max. DDR4-3200MHz

- max. 64GB RAM

- dual channel

Based of of that, I have Croatian site with filters for that specifications: url

Wondering why is this(Patriot Viper Steel) cheaper than this(Kingston HyperX Fury) (both same specs, same latency...) and which one to chose?

I currently have Patriot 8GB RAM DDR4 in single channel and I want to upgrade to 16GB (2x8GB).

11 minutes ago, andrict05 said:

- max. DDR4-3200MHz

- max. 64GB RAM

- dual channel

Choose whichever one is cheapest. Both are reputable brands. RAM is one of the more generic components. 

As to why one kit is cheaper, it either costs less for Patriot to make the same spec of ram or they are taking less profit off it it, not really quality difference.