AMD or Intel with AMD or nVIDIA GPUs

Hi pros,

How's your life? hope everything is cool and beautiful

I've been playing with my laptop TimeLineX i5 2410m and GT450M, it's very nice laptop and I played many games with low settings I guess.

Now there are many powerful games which I want play at high definitions.

After looking at many YouTube videos about gaming PCs and I was looking and looking to choose the best options for my self and reasonable prices.

First, I liked the i7 4770k with GTX 770, H100i water cooling, 16GB RAMs, 1TB HDD, NOT specified case, and nice gaming peripherals .. then I want to buy a Korean monitor to play at 1440p with over 60Hz.

I just did the pcpartpicker.com list .. I did previous ones with i5 and I think I would do different configurations with AMD CPUs and GPUs .. because it's more cheaper.

I saw and understood from different threads and YouTube videos that the FX-6300 is very good CPU if it's configured with very good and high performance GPU, I guess like 7870 or similar GPUs.

And I want your comments and recommendations. Because I did a lot of searching and there many points which attract you to specific idea, then other points change you direction ..

It’s like you're in the ocean and fluctuated with different sea waves. Along besides, Intel to AMD and the graphics cards in regards.

One on YouTube said to me
"By very good GPU do you mean HD 7990 price range? If so then I'd think so since that is in between the 780 and 780ti I'd say so, but I only have a 1080p monitor so I'd suggest looking at benchmarks. Also its a dual GPU so micro stutter can be a problem, just check out some video on that. For the CPU I would get an 8320, if you plan to play BF games in the future. Since BF4 recommends a 6 core AMD CPU, I'm guessing their next game will recommend an 8 core and its only $30 more. Just ask if you have any more questions!

This is an example of how to have different options and different recommendations with people with different experiences in gaming and PC hardware and also software, though I’m not getting to that level yet.

I heard the AMD CPUs and GPUs produce more heat than Intel CPUs and NVidia GPUs. Where’s in the comment a quotation that 6300's has 6 cores, is very good for games as I understood.

I want to get the best for myself and that would be very nice and reasonable discussion about this topic.

According to the forums' building plan:

1. Budget & Location

Budget from $1100 to $1500 USD

2. Aim

Gaming, browsing, simulation and other PC application possibilities I would apply in future. Mostly for gaming.

Intensive gaming: COD series, battle field & racing games.

3. Monitors

One monitor 27" or 30" at 1440p or higher - I'm thinking of 27" Korean 1440p monitors.

PB278Q is a possibility, though, I would like 120Hz.

4. Peripherals
Yes, I learned about gaming peripherals. And, I would choose them later.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I want to play intensive games at high resolution and fast.

4. Peripherals

Yes, I want peripherals. And, I would choose them later. Windows available in torrents websites.

I would edit that out. It's against the CoC of this forum. Since you are new, you may not have known that, but that means you didn't read it and you really really really should read that.

Here it is. There's also a link at the bottom of the main page where it says "Code of Conduct" as well as on every page of this website.

Specifically this part:

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

"Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;

"Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;

"Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;

A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create or find cracks.

Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)

Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.

Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.

Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.

Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

[editing, will add a potential build & commentary later]

The red is my reply to the above section:

Hi pros,

How's your life? hope everything is cool and beautiful cool.gif

I've been playing with my laptop TimeLineX i5 2410m and GT450M, it's very nice laptop and I played many games with low settings I guess.

After looking at many YouTube videos about gaming PCs and I was looking and looking to choose the best options for my self and reasonable prices.

First, I liked the i7 4770k with GTX 770, H100i water cooling, 16GB RAMs, 1TB HDD, NOT specified case .. and nice peripherals .. then Korean monitor to play at 1440p.

That sounds like a decent build for this price. You don't need Hyper Threading so a 4670k would do fine. You would probably want an SSD. 

I just did the pcpartpicker.com list .. I did previous ones with i5 and I think I would do different configurations with AMD CPUs and GPUs .. because it's more cheaper.

I saw and understood from different threads and YouTube videos that the FX-6300 is very good CPU if it's configured with very good and high performance GPU, I guess like 7870 or similar GPUs.

And I want your comments and recommendations .. because I did a lot of searching and there many points which attract you to specific idea, then other points change you direction ..

it's like you're in the ocean and fluctuated with different sea waves .. along Intel to AMD and the graphics cards in regards.

Good analogy. There are positives and negatives to both.

"By very good GPU do you mean HD 7990 price range? If so then I'd think so since that is in between the 780 and 780ti I'd say so, but I only have a 1080p monitor so I'd suggest looking at benchmarks. Also its a dual GPU so micro stutter can be a problem, just check out some video on that. For the CPU I would get an 8320, if you plan to play BF games in the future. Since BF4 recommends a 6 core AMD CPU, I'm guessing their next game will recommend an 8 core and its only $30 more. Just ask if you have anymore questions!"

Well, technically it is an 8 core, but it's not a true 8 core CPU. There are reasons for this that are complicated. Just know that there's a reason the AMD CPUs are cheaper with more cores.

This example of how to have different options and different recommendations ..

I heard the AMD CPUs and GPUs produce more heat than Intel CPUs and nVIDIA GPUs. Where in the comment quotation that 6300's 6 cores is very good for games as I understood.

Well yeah, any modern CPU is "good for games", but single threaded performance is better than having more cores, which is why many people prefer Intel. Their single threaded performance is better than AMD. The thing to consider with that is that games are becoming multi-threaded as time passes, so the weakness of the AMD CPUs is slowly going away. However, not all games are getting updated like this, so it all just depends on your situation.

I want to get the best for my self and the would be very nice and reasonable discussion about this topic.

1. Budget & Location

budget from $1100 to $1500 USD

Nice budget for a mid-high end PC.

2. Aim

Gaming, browsing, simulation and other PC application possibilities I would apply in future. Mostly for gaming.

Seems reasonable. Means you won't need Hyperthreading or excessive amounts of RAM.

3. Monitors

One monitor 27" or 30" at 1440p or higher - I'm thinking of 27" Korean 1440p monitors.

... This is the one odd ball I see. 1440p and 120Hz? Your budget isn't good enough to fully utilize both while getting max/high settings, and honestly, unless you play competitive, there is no purpose in a 120hz monitor. 

Oh, and 120Hz 1440p monitors don't exist, as Erik4boss mentions. I thought this was a weird request but I couldn't identify why until he said something.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

First of there are no 120 Hz 1440 monitors -.-

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Hi pros,

How's your life? hope everything is cool and beautiful cool.gif

First, I liked the i7 4770k with GTX 770, H100i water cooling, 16GB RAMs, 1TB HDD, NOT specified case .. and nice peripherals .. then Korean monitor to play at 1440p.

And I want your comments and recommendations .. because I did a lot of searching and there many points which attract you to specific idea, then other points change you direction ..

it's like you're in the ocean and fluctuated with different sea waves .. along Intel to AMD and the graphics cards in regards.

"By very good GPU do you mean HD 7990 price range? If so then I'd think so since that is in between the 780 and 780ti I'd say so, but I only have a 1080p monitor so I'd suggest looking at benchmarks. Also its a dual GPU so micro stutter can be a problem, just check out some video on that. For the CPU I would get an 8320, if you plan to play BF games in the future. Since BF4 recommends a 6 core AMD CPU, I'm guessing their next game will recommend an 8 core and its only $30 more. Just ask if you have anymore questions!"

This example of how to have different options and different recommendations ..

I heard the AMD CPUs and GPUs produce more heat than Intel CPUs and nVIDIA GPUs. Where in the comment quotation that 6300's 6 cores is very good for games as I understood.

I want to get the best for my self and the would be very nice and reasonable discussion about this topic.

1. Budget & Location

budget from $1100 to $1500 USD

2. Aim

3. Monitors

4. Peripherals

Yes, I want peripherals. And, I would choose them later. Windows available in torrents websites.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I want to play intensive games at high resolution and fast.

You only need a H100i if you plan on overclocking, otherwise get a Hyper EVO 212

8Gb of RAM is plenty for gaming.

4770k is pointless for gaming, 4670k will give you identical performance.

Now use the money you saved for a 780 or higher instead of the 770.

Get a Seagate Barracuda and an SSD instead of the WD Black

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The FPS won't be very high due to high resolution. But here it is.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory:  G.Skill Value 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case:  Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor:  QNIX Perfect Pixel QX2710 Matte 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($399.45 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1439.33
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-27 09:46 EDT-0400)

My recommendation would be to use an intel i5 like a 4570 or 4670k because each individual core is much faster than the AMD cores and I would go with the most expensive GPU you can get except for the gtx 780ti or titan variants. Dont get the WD black unless your putting it in a case without enough space for a regular HDD and SSD. 8 gbs of Ram will be more than enough. On the CPU side more Cores is not always useful. In gaming a FX-6300 will do the same as a 4670k or the 4670k will do a little better but on more cpu oriented tasks the 4670k (or 4570 whichever) will do much better than the FX-6300. In the end look at benchmarks before you make up your mind.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

You can overclock the Qnix QX2710

Here would be my recommendation for you: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hlfF

I went a bit over your budget, yet, you can pick up Qnix 1440p monitors for as low as $280 on Ebay. That cuts about $110 off of the PCPartPicker total (which was $1665), leaving you with $1555. (Only $55 above your budget).

Something I would like to point out to you is that even with a 780, you won't be able to play 1440p very smoothly... Have you considered just picking up two IPS 1080p panels? You would be able to game on one and use the other as an auxiliary monitor which could be useful if you're talking to a friend in teamspeak or skype. You would get much better framerates, but it is your choice. Do as you wish. :lol:

A few things that I would like to bring to your attention considering AMD processors is that AMD 'cores' aren't full fledged cores. They use Piledriver Modules inside, making an AMD hex-core an Intel triple-core (if those were still around). Essentially they use two cores to work together as one piledriver module which is the same speed as one intel core. Their 8-core model is the equivalent of an intel quad core without hyperthreading (Essentially the 4670k) and that is why they are priced so similarly.  I'm no 'expert' on this and what I just told you is about the extent of my knowledge on the matter. If you have more questions about that, consult Google (Or make a new thread on here :))

//ccap

Opps .. I’m apologies for this unprofessional show off about software piracy.

And I edited the other mistakes in the rest of the text, so thank you for your interest.

That sounds like a decent build for this price. You don't need Hyper Threading so a 4670k would do fine. You would probably want an SSD. 

1. From reading the other replies in the thread, I decided to choose this CPU if I to buy 1080p monitor. Although, I want the 4770k for future proof, because of the new high performance monitors; like ASUS swift.

So, if I applied the 4670k, there would a possibility in the future, if a monitor like swift went much lower in price that the 4670k won’t run it perfectly!

2. Why SSD? I learned from YouTube videos that SSD is little improved than HDD.

Good analogy. There are positives and negatives to both.

This is for FX-6300 and i5 4670k .. which one you like?

Well, technically it is an 8 core, but it's not a true 8 core CPU. There are reasons for this that are complicated. Just know that there's a reason the AMD CPUs are cheaper with more cores.

Well yeah, any modern CPU is "good for games", but single threaded performance is better than having more cores, which is why many people prefer Intel. Their single threaded performance is better than AMD. The thing to consider with that is that games are becoming multi-threaded as time passes, so the weakness of the AMD CPUs is slowly going away. However, not all games are getting updated like this, so it all just depends on your situation.

I just learned this from a YouTube video, and it looks a long story with CPUs and GPUs performances. And the best would be 780 ti according to my results of searching observations.

Nice budget for a mid-high end PC.

Seems reasonable. Means you won't need Hyper threading or excessive amounts of RAM.

If the information that Hyper threading is not very useful in gaming, then yes 4670k would be very nice CPU.

... This is the one odd ball I see. 1440p and 120Hz? Your budget isn't good enough to fully utilize both while getting max/high settings, and honestly, unless you play competitive, there is no purpose in a 120hz monitor. 

Oh, and 120Hz 1440p monitors don't exist, as Erik4boss mentions. I thought this was a weird request but I couldn't identify why until he said something.

What about Korean monitors, there are a lot of tech popularity about their feature in OC to higher than 60Hz.

What about Korean monitors?

You only need a H100i if you plan on overclocking, otherwise get a Hyper EVO 212

8Gb of RAM is plenty for gaming.

4770k is pointless for gaming, 4670k will give you identical performance.

Now use the money you saved for a 780 or higher instead of the 770.

Get a Seagate Barracuda and an SSD instead of the WD Black

Of course I would choose the H100i.

I agree about 8GB for my set.

I changed my plan for the 4670k, thanks.

780 is very expensive for now. Isn't 770 enough for one monitor?

Why? I saw the video about the diff between the two, and I observed the difference is small.

Thank you ..

What about Korean monitors?

Qnix is korean right?

Of course I would choose the H100i.

I agree about 8GB for my set.

I changed my plan for the 4670k, thanks.

780 is very expensive for now. Isn't 770 enough for one monitor?

Why? I saw the video about the diff between the two, and I observed the difference is small.

Thank you ..

The 770 will be fine for gaming, but you can always get a little more and I tried to balance it out a little bit more with the 780 + i5 instead of 770 + i7. But it really depends on your budget. ^^ If the monitor is included in the budget, ya the 770 will be ea better price match and do fine at 1080p.

I'd go with the Barracuda because it's quite a bit cheaper than the WD black usually ^^ And don't forget the SSD, one component that makes a night and day difference in System speeds ^^

Here would be my recommendation for you: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hlfF

I went a bit over your budget, yet, you can pick up Qnix 1440p monitors for as low as $280 on Ebay. That cuts about $110 off of the PCPartPicker total (which was $1665), leaving you with $1555. (Only $55 above your budget).

Something I would like to point out to you is that even with a 780, you won't be able to play 1440p very smoothly... Have you considered just picking up two IPS 1080p panels? You would be able to game on one and use the other as an auxiliary monitor which could be useful if you're talking to a friend in teamspeak or skype. You would get much better framerates, but it is your choice. Do as you wish. :lol:

A few things that I would like to bring to your attention considering AMD processors is that AMD 'cores' aren't full fledged cores. They use Piledriver Modules inside, making an AMD hex-core an Intel triple-core (if those were still around). Essentially they use two cores to work together as one piledriver module which is the same speed as one intel core. Their 8-core model is the equivalent of an intel quad core without hyperthreading (Essentially the 4670k) and that is why they are priced so similarly.  I'm no 'expert' on this and what I just told you is about the extent of my knowledge on the matter. If you have more questions about that, consult Google (Or make a new thread on here :))

Well, if even with 780, no high performance of 1440p, then no need for the Qnix. Though, I saw videos that play at 1440p very good.

..... from 5:00 he started to talk about 780 with 1440p resolution.

Also, I'm in going with two boys about which card is best for 1440p, so of them is talking about old powerful nvidia cards; "Steel Nugget, yes you may be right in that case. But i said in order to play in 1440p you will have to spend at least that much to get high frames. Also there is some certain cases like the gtx 690 vs 770, or 560ti vs 650 where an older card out performs. If you want to play this beast of a game on 1440p a Gtx 780 can only get 30-35fps unless you turn AA off then you will only get 50+"

this comment gets me think about these cards, though they are expensive ..

so I liked your idea of buying 1080p and use the other one for other applications, that's really nice, I like such experiences B)

also I would use my Laptop,

I started to not thinking about 1440p which I was excited about from the reviews and boys experiences with Korean monitors as they have very good colors and high resolution.

Basically, I was very attracted to BenQ XL27 or ASUS VG27, and I read that 24" would be more nice for 1080p, and I like to have 27" .... I want really a big monitor :wub:

............ thanks for you info about CPU, so I'm more excited about 4670k and I'm very excited about buying the new hardware, that would be amazing :D

The 770 will be fine for gaming, but you can always get a little more and I tried to balance it out a little bit more with the 780 + i5 instead of 770 + i7. But it really depends on your budget. ^^ If the monitor is included in the budget, ya the 770 will be ea better price match and do fine at 1080p.

I'd go with the Barracuda because it's quite a bit cheaper than the WD black usually ^^ And don't forget the SSD, one component that makes a night and day difference in System speeds ^^

WOW .. I saw couple of BF4 videos on YouTube B) what an amazing game .. how much of imagination did the developers accomplish in this game !!

it's very funny game :) I'm really want to play this game without cutting or overloading the CPU >> so tell me if 4670k is more than enough to play it ?

Wouldn't you think 780 or 780 ti more powerful than 4670k, or it drives them very well?

I guess 770 is perfect for 4670k. Yeah, you're right it depends on my budget, are 780 or 780 ti more and far powerful than 770?

3GB for 780 is very good memory size for a game like BF4. Or may 2GB is just more than enough.

The 770 would be very nice for 1080p, so what you think of BenQ XL27 or ASUS VG27 because I like bigger screen. I read that many gamers don't like TN panels because they loose image quality with high speed of FPS!! I want to check this out before buying one of them.

I saw a video about diff between HDD and SSD in booting, not to much difference. Are there other reasons and advantages you like to tell me about?

thank you .. if I set BF4 on the new gaming rig, then I want to play with you as a thank from me :P  <<< you better won't, I'm very noobi in FPS games ;) though I like intensive games and I'm proud to be, the most important goal to me is having an amazing time ..

Qnix is korean right?

Yes and it's overclockable !!

I want to buy it, except i'm afraid that a GPU like 770 won't run it at high resolution and fast screen frequency

The FPS won't be very high due to high resolution. But here it is.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory:  G.Skill Value 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case:  Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor:  QNIX Perfect Pixel QX2710 Matte 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($399.45 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1439.33
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-27 09:46 EDT-0400)

I liked your recommendation. It's much similar to what I chose.

>>> why you chose AsRock, I heard it has problems .. it looks nice though.

Also, why you chose this CPU cooler, I saw most the ratings about the cooler master. And, this one has two fans. I guess it would be more powerful, so thanks.

Many people like the bronze certified PSU, why you chose Gold?

The monitor is good, I would rather buy it from eBay or Amazon, if I decided to buy 1440p monitor.

Thanks, the total is reasonable with the monitor :)

Wouldn't you think 780 or 780 ti more powerful than 4670k, or it drives them very well?

I guess 770 is perfect for 4670k. Yeah, you're right it depends on my budget, are 780 or 780 ti more and far powerful than 770?

3GB for 780 is very good memory size for a game like BF4. Or may 2GB is just more than enough.

What you're refering to is called "bottleneck" and no the 4670k will not bottleneck a 780 / ti. [The bottleneck introduced by two 780ti is unnoticable so don't worry]

More Vram is usually better [upto a certain point that is].

So 1440p 3-4gb

1080p 2-3gb   will do fine.

FX-6300 or 4670k?

Which is best base for the rig?

:wub:

What you're refering to is called "bottleneck" and no the 4670k will not bottleneck a 780 / ti. [The bottleneck introduced by two 780ti is unnoticable so don't worry]

More Vram is usually better [upto a certain point that is].

So 1440p 3-4gb

1080p 2-3gb   will do fine.

OK .. 780 is quite expensive .. so i have to think more before buying it.

I'm comfortable with the idea of 770 >>> 780 need more search to find if it's worth the extra money!

4670k with 770 .. so far my choices.

I have last wondering before ordering the parts, that the fx-6300 with r9 270x or r9 280x .. would do like or better than intel cpu with nvidia gpu.

Now i'm going to produce purchase list in pcpartpicker to see this idea B)

how about this one ..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.00 @ Newegg)
Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.55 @ Amazon)
Video Card:  Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Amazon)
Case:  Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($138.97 @ Mwave)
Total: $1045.47
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 13:35 EDT-0400)

how about this one ..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($107.99 @ NCIX US)

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.00 @ Newegg)

Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg)

Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.55 @ Amazon)

Video Card:  Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Amazon)

Case:  Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply:  SeaSonic 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($138.97 @ Mwave)

Total: $1045.47

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 13:35 EDT-0400)

While I like AMD CPUs a lot, the 4670k blows the 6300 out of the water. It's a hexa core, but it's 6 weaker cores so to say and 99% of the games are single core anyways so you'll be better off with the 4670k.

The 280x is somewhat better than the 770 [the 770 is a rebranded 680 the 280x is a rebranded 7970. And I had a lot of trouble with the 680 so personally I'd go with the 280x over the 770 and go with the i5 over the 6300. Yes, Intel CPUs and AMD GPUs work flawlessly (using a i5 2500k and a 290x myself ;)]

While I like AMD CPUs a lot, the 4670k blows the 6300 out of the water. It's a hexa core, but it's 6 weaker cores so to say and 99% of the games are single core anyways so you'll be better off with the 4670k.

The 280x is somewhat better than the 770 [the 770 is a rebranded 680 the 280x is a rebranded 7970. And I had a lot of trouble with the 680 so personally I'd go with the 280x over the 770 and go with the i5 over the 6300. Yes, Intel CPUs and AMD GPUs work flawlessly (using a i5 2500k and a 290x myself ;)]

WOW .. I really like your tech experiences :)

OK .. one last inquiry, because I want to order the parts :wub:  so i have to be precise and careful.

4670k would be the CPU >> which is better of these GPUs, 7970, 780 or 280x?

thank you very much ;)

well i searched now in Amazon, 280x is relatively cheaper than 7970 ??!

OK .. one last inquiry, because I want to order the parts :wub:  so i have to be precise and careful.

thank you very much ;)

The 780 is the faster GPU, the 7970 = 280x [it's the identical card, AMD rebranded the 7970 to a 280x as Nvidia did with the 680 to the 770 ^^]

thank you very much ;)

But if you play BF4 you'll profit a lot from AMD Mantle, so if that's your main focus, go with an AMD card :)